Decent Pub For Saturday

Decent Pub For Saturday

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:34 pm

For those of you who can resist the charms of Hooters, the best real ale pub is The Stratford Haven in West Bridgford.
It's about 10 minutes walk from the ground and although the 'scenery' is not on a par with Hooters, the beer is far superior with at least 10 real ales and as many lagers on tap

It's friendly and does simple food but it's the beer that makes this pub standout.

Walk over Trent Bridge, head for West Bridgford town centre and it's just behind a Chinese restaurant called The Pearl - next to the co-op (the second much bigger co-op though as you will pass a smaller one 100 metres up the road)

There are 3 other bars within 2 mins walk of The Stratford all if you have time and want to have at look at them - one is part of the cricket ground and does good food - Larwood & Voce I think it's called.

Everards Tiger is a superb pint in the Stratford - I live a mile away so have enjoyed it many times and will be in there from noon enjoying a pre-match pint or 3!!

County are struggling a bit at the moment and shipping plenty of goals so here's hoping we go one better than last season and take all 3 points! :D .
SkinnyShrimp

Re: Decent Pub For Saturday

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem, though very well known, I found to be a nice little pub when we played Forest in the league cup earlier this season.
durhamshrimp

Return to General Discussion