Forgotten - FGR?

Forgotten - FGR?

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Noticed a good result for Forest Green yesterday, wonder why no-one on SVs has mentioned it earlier, or did I miss that? I think we know who the manager is, but I didn't know that Darren Kempson and Jonathan Smith were playing for them, by the way Smith scored the first in their 2-0 win over Rochdale. :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Forgotten - FGR?

Postby Duffman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:25 pm

Forgotten FGR? I had them to lose yesterday on my weekend bet. Bloomin Jim Harvey, I should have known he'd do well in the fa cup. Fair play to them, he seems to be under pressure at FGR (wrongly in my opinion) and this fa cup run will do them good. Be great if they got Bristol City in the draw.
Duffman

Postby The Fury » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:27 pm

You wouldn't have have thought Keith Hill would have underestimated Jim's team at all and would have expected him to ensure his squad were well prepared. From the highlights, though, they were outclassed.

Also spotted Keiran Walmsley pointing in every direction during Fleetwood's defeat, as well as getting into a bit of a scrap with the opposition keeper.
The Fury

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

While we're at it, WELL DONE DROYLSDEN FC beating Chesterfield away from home and especially Craig Mawson and suppose Neil Sorvel made some contribution sat on the bench. His experience if nothing else is second to none for a none league team. Well done all :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:11 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:While we're at it, WELL DONE DROYLSDEN FC beating Chesterfield away from home and especially Craig Mawson and suppose Neil Sorvel made some contribution sat on the bench. His experience if nothing else is second to none for a none league team. Well done all :!:

they WERE beating them when the game was abandoned
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:42 pm

outsider wrote:
nobbyshrimp wrote:While we're at it, WELL DONE DROYLSDEN FC beating Chesterfield away from home and especially Craig Mawson and suppose Neil Sorvel made some contribution sat on the bench. His experience if nothing else is second to none for a none league team. Well done all :!:

they WERE beating them when the game was abandoned

Damn :oops: Just seen this on the draw-didn't know :oops: :oops:
nobbyshrimp

Postby Number 1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:05 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Noticed a good result for Forest Green yesterday, wonder why no-one on SVs has mentioned it earlier, or did I miss that? I think we know who the manager is, but I didn't know that Darren Kempson and Jonathan Smith were playing for them, by the way Smith scored the first in their 2-0 win over Rochdale. :)

Don't forget John Hardiker, Celi and Ryan Robinson too!
Last edited by Number 1 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Number 1

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:08 pm

Is Rigoglioso still playing for them?
Mark S

Postby Number 1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Tee hee, yes!
Number 1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Number 1 wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:Noticed a good result for Forest Green yesterday, wonder why no-one on SVs has mentioned it earlier, or did I miss that? I think we know who the manager is, but I didn't know that Darren Kempson and Jonathan Smith were playing for them, by the way Smith scored the first in their 2-0 win over Rochdale. :)

Hardiker,Rigoglioso and Robinson were not in the team, I was referring to the ones who actually played.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:51 pm

Kempson must be on loan as its not long ago he signed a two year contract with Wrexham after being rejected by Paul Simpson on his arrival with the Shrews
nobbyshrimp

Postby Number 1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:53 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
Number 1 wrote:

Hardiker,Rigoglioso and Robinson were not in the team, I was referring to the ones who actually played.

Wasn't Ryan on the bench and Celi appear as a sub? or doesn't that count?
Number 1

Return to General Discussion