Martin Allen's post match comments.

Martin Allen's post match comments.

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Nerso (CTFC)

Re: Martin Allen's post match comments.

Postby Number 1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:10 pm

It's a great comment in retrospect. Trouble is, it's not like taking the teams off in a hailstorm or really torrential rain, because those kind of conditions tend to abate after a few minutes, but fog can linger and although it lifted a little initially, it could well have come down again, and if it had, what then? Another 10 minute delay later on? I think the ref decided that if the players were coming off, they were coming off for good.
Number 1

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:23 pm

The fog went 15mins after (the twit) David Foster called the game off.

Martin Allen requested that the game should have been delayed for 15/20 mins. I've spent good money and 8 hours + time to get to that game yesterday, I wouldn't have mind to wait another 20mins!
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:35 pm

From the North Stand, the fog was worse in the 1st half than the 2nd... :?
Crooky MFC

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:From the North Stand, the fog was worse in the 1st half than the 2nd... :?

As I said elsewhere, it was the glare from the floodlights as it got dark that caused the problem. A bit like driving in fog, if you put main beam on, you'll see less. I think it is a disgrace that our club haven't planned for this event and installed 'dipped floodlights'
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:09 pm

:lol:
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby sgt major » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Keith wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:From the North Stand, the fog was worse in the 1st half than the 2nd... :?

As I said elsewhere, it was the glare from the floodlights as it got dark that caused the problem. A bit like driving in fog, if you put main beam on, you'll see less. I think it is a disgrace that our club haven't planned for this event and installed 'dipped floodlights'

Keith - how dare you steal my copyrighted comment of dipped floodlights from the debate in the York on Saturday - I claim my 20p royalty fee off you right now ;) ;) ;)
sgt major

Return to General Discussion