To pay? Or not to pay....that is the question!!?!?!?!

To pay? Or not to pay....that is the question!!?!?!?!

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:28 am

Lets face it, the FA is the biggest competition we get to play in every season, its our chance for a small team like us to play against the 'big' boys in the prem. This means us winning the match Tuesday to get through. The same FA cup that if we were in the conference and this happened everyone would be thankful we have another chance to play the game at home....now its just a 'burden', blame the credit crunch as you will it'l only go so far.
Instead of thinking "i've already paid for this match once" why not thinlk of it as a 2nd leg, or just another fixture in the season. People say they can't afford to pay the full price again yet if we get to the next round thats another full price ticket they'l have to fork out, yet thats never mentioned.
As an answer to the very philosophic question :lol: no matter what the club decide I still think the fans should turn up and support the team hopefully getting us a big pay day in the 3rd round so our small club can afford to give back to the fans! 2 Years ago we'd have had a larger attendance than today without a doubt!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: To pay? Or not to pay....that is the question!!?!?!?!

Postby mounse mk2 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:31 am

ezz wrote:Lets face it, the FA is the biggest competition we get to play in every season, its our chance for a small team like us to play against the 'big' boys in the prem. This means us winning the match Tuesday to get through. The same FA cup that if we were in the conference and this happened everyone would be thankful we have another chance to play the game at home....now its just a 'burden', blame the credit crunch as you will it'l only go so far.
Instead of thinking "i've already paid for this match once" why not thinlk of it as a 2nd leg, or just another fixture in the season. People say they can't afford to pay the full price again yet if we get to the next round thats another full price ticket they'l have to fork out, yet thats never mentioned.
As an answer to the very philosophic question :lol: no matter what the club decide I still think the fans should turn up and support the team hopefully getting us a big pay day in the 3rd round so our small club can afford to give back to the fans! 2 Years ago we'd have had a larger attendance than today without a doubt!

It's called principles, irrespective of how much people are charged for a game, they are paying to see a result.

If you are so happy for all the fans to go on Tuesday are you gonna wait outside handing out £13 for people to see the game?
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:44 am

ezz wrote:Instead of thinking "i've already paid for this match once" why not thinlk of it as a 2nd leg, or just another fixture in the season.

because it isn't?
campdave

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:26 am

Simple answer - Pay and support our team on Tuesday for what is likely to be the highlight of our season. If we crash out, (which we could well do playing a a league 1 team) we will have very little to play for other than a respectable position in the league.

I am as disappointed as anyone that we will have to pay full-wack on Tuesday but like others have mentioned both clubs needed to agree on a reduced admission for it to happen. A big home crowd would have benefited us and probably left Cheltenham out of pocket. Do you really think their board would have gone for that given the choice?

My only hope is we draw a big team in today's draw and we can all for get about having to for out an extra few quid.

COME ON MORECAMBE!!!
Wild Bill

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 am

Campdave has hit the nail on the head!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:57 pm

campdave wrote:
ezz wrote:Instead of thinking "i've already paid for this match once" why not thinlk of it as a 2nd leg, or just another fixture in the season.

because it isn't?

This match im sure will be completely different than the one on saturday, every match is unique so therefore its a diffeent match. If it was a cinema as an answer to someone elses thread you would see the exact same first half of the film before it crashed. Every football game is unique.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion