Defence today

Defence today

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:51 pm

Possibly looked the more assured and confident than I've seen of late. Talking to Gary H after todays game he said that they played well v Bournemouth....and this without Jimbo!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Defence today

Postby mfcbro » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:07 pm

So are you suggesting we do without Jimbo knowing him as well as you supposedly do i find that a bit harse c.c. two faced springs to mind.
mfcbro

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Yet the whole team was defensivley in the wrong for their goal IMO their moved started in their corner with us not closing down and a couple of seconds later it was in the back of the net. It just highlighted everything that is wrong with us if someone breaks quick at us we're knakered.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Your defence looked awful in the 2nd half...I still say Cheltenham will be victors on Tuesday.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:19 pm

We seemed to have reversed our ways we were always shocking in the 1st half went behind and then came out all guns blazing in the 2nd and pulled it back. Now we are ok in the first and then hit the self destruct button in the second half.

How many fans did you bring today? I couldn't see your fans in the away end I managed to see the goal posts at your end and the sponsors boards and that was about it.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:22 pm

P/T Indie wrote:How many fans did you bring today?

Must have been around 250/300. We had a few in the seating areas.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby George Dawes » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:28 pm

i would'nt know! i could'nt even see the away end or corner flag...
George Dawes

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:27 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:Your defence looked awful in the 2nd half...I still say Cheltenham will be victors on Tuesday.

I'd agree with that one if you score goals like your equaliser from a throwing taken 3 yards further up the field than from where it went out then fatso Hayles being allowed to barge over the defender like he did but saying that it was foggy and this helped his cheating cause to the full
HALMA 1983

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:28 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Nerso (CTFC) wrote:Your defence looked awful in the 2nd half...I still say Cheltenham will be victors on Tuesday.

I'd agree with that one if you score goals like your equaliser from a throwing taken 3 yards further up the field than from where it went out then fatso Hayles being allowed to barge over the defender like he did but saying that it was foggy and this helped his cheating cause to the full

Great goal by Bazza.....

Nerso (CTFC)

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Got to say i thought Hayles took his goal really well, irrespective of whether they took the throw in 5 yards further up the field.

If Bentley manages to be fit for the game on Tuesday i can't really see Hayles muscling him off the ball.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:20 am

I think the replay being at christie park AGAIN i think our players will be a lot mre up for it than cheltenham who have to travel up here AGAIN. So hopefully we'll win ahaha
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:11 pm

If Danny had stuck the one on one away, I think it would have been game over. But also, if we'd been pressing forward for a second, I think there would have been less chance of them scoring. Danny was left with no where to go and no one to cross to when they started their break that led to the goal. From us attacking near the corner flag to Cheltenham equalising took only a few seconds. I said in my pre-match prediction that we would have to score two to win the game because we wouldn't be able to do it 1-0... ho-hum :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Keith, can you really see Danny scoring at all whilst he is here 'cause I can't, whether it's one-on-one or 25 yards out?? :cry: but Danny, PLEASE PLEASE prove me wrong! :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion