Get behind the lads on Tuesday

Get behind the lads on Tuesday

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Whether you agree or otherwise about the price of having to watch todays game replayed on Tuesday or not, can I suggest that we just get behind the lads and put the team first and foremost.

Some will not be able to afford the extra due to finacial pressures at this time of the year. Others will prefer to go and watch another game. :(

But for those of us who will be there no matter what, let's unite and get behind the team. It's not their fault what happened after all. They will need our support especially if the prospect of a 'biggy' is at stake.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Get behind the lads on Tuesday

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Christies Child wrote:Whether you agree or otherwise about the price of having to watch todays game replayed on Tuesday or not, can I suggest that we just get behind the lads and put the team first and foremost.

Some will not be able to afford the extra due to finacial pressures at this time of the year. Others will prefer to go and watch another game. :(

But for those of us who will be there no matter what, let's unite and get behind the team. It's not their fault what happened after all. They will need our support especially if the prospect of a 'biggy' is at stake.

Don't you think the referee should have called the game off at 11.00/12.00 would have been better for both set of fans.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Christies Child wrote:Whether you agree or otherwise about the price of having to watch todays game replayed on Tuesday or not, can I suggest that we just get behind the lads and put the team first and foremost.

Yes people will be there. But i won't and it pains me not to. I've borrowed the money from my mother to go to the game today.

I'm not trying to do any 'woe is me' but to get the money at all costs would mean committing a crime and that's not my thing really.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:

Don't you think the referee should have called the game off at 11.00/12.00 would have been better for both set of fans.

..and if it had cleared...as it often does...this forum would have been full of fans of both clubs asking 'why was the game called off so early?'......

Can't win either way!
Christies Child

Postby Splodge » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:14 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:

Perhaps, but at lunchtime the fog wasn't really an issue - it only started getting worse at about 2pm as far as I could tell. Even then, the weather was fine through the first half, and even showed signs of improvement I thought. It was only in the second half that it deteriorated to the extent it did. Had the match been called off early the weather would probably have cleared totally, and then no-one would have been happy anyway.
Splodge

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Splodge wrote:
Nerso (CTFC) wrote:

Perhaps, but at lunchtime the fog wasn't really an issue - it only started getting worse at about 2pm as far as I could tell. Even then, the weather was fine through the first half, and even showed signs of improvement I thought. It was only in the second half that it deteriorated to the extent it did. Had the match been called off early the weather would probably have cleared totally, and then no-one would have been happy anyway.

I arrived in Morecambe at 13:00/13:15 and I couldn't see a thing (the fog was bad) and was no worse when the referee called it off at 16:20.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Splodge » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:
I arrived in Morecambe at 13:00/13:15 and I couldn't see a thing (the fog was bad) and was no worse when the referee called it off at 16:20.

I doubt it - if it was that bad the ref wouldn't have kicked off; the issue was that the linesman appeared to be having issues seeing the far side of the pitch (as the ref consulted them both). Had it been like that at kick off they wouldn't have bothered; and had it been like that on 45 minutes I doubt they would have bothered coming out for the second half.
Splodge

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:28 pm

In my opinion the fog was getting a lot worse in the last few minutes before it actually got called off. But when i went for cheeky pint at half time at ground level it didn't seem that bad. I'm convinced that we have played games with far worser fog than that.

Could they/should they have waited for half an hour to see if lifted a bit?

The Cheltenham keeper should have still have been sent off, so if the ref couldn't see that then the game should have been called off then.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:17 am

As soon as Chelt drew level the ref abandoned the match....if we had stayed at 1-0 i guarentee you the match would have finished!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:31 am

ezz wrote:As soon as Chelt drew level the ref abandoned the match....if we had stayed at 1-0 i guarentee you the match would have finished!

Exactly what the Chelt Press guys behind and alongside me said.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:55 am

to be honest, the fog didn't get worse. What did happen is it got darker! As a result, the glare from the floodlights became a problem. I could see the full length of the pitch, from dead centre behind the goal but could barely see the dug out area. If the linesmen couldn't see the far touchline, then it would have to end.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Ezz wrote: "If we had stayed at 1-0 I guarantee you the match would have finished."

Firstly, How can you, a spectator, 'guarantee' that the match would have finished?
Secondly, you seem to be stating that the referee is influenced by the scoreline when deciding if he should abandon a game? Please explain, ezz. :? :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion