Is a Football Match unique?

Is a Football Match unique?

Postby Moose » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:00 am

As there are many arguements going on about the admission charges for an abandoned game, thought I would start a thread to see if there were any near comparisons.

1. If you bought tickets for the cinema and the film 'went down' after one hour and had to be stopped and re-scheduled, what woukd you expect of the cinema considering you had already seen most of the film but without an ending?

2. You pay for your car to be washed in a carwash but it breaks down half way through.... ok - you have half a clean car..... would you want half your money back? or be prepared to pay for the full wash again at a discount price?

3. You pay for a tandom sky diving trip but the parachute is accidently activated just after you have jumped out? (You don't get the freefall but a great jump) would you want to pay full price again or expect a reducton on another jump?

I could go on, but am a bit too pissed to be honest, I am a season ticket holder and have no problem paying to get in on Tuesday night, but full price to me is a bit of a poke in the eye.
Money is a bit tight at the moment for everyone, let alone Christmas round the corner, I can fully understand people (good supporters of the club) being a bit upset at the full price re-entry.

Back to the topic......

Is there anything that can be compared to a Football Game (ok Sport game) being abandoned, where the paying public receives nothing in return for not seeing an outcome of a said expected outcome after they have paid to see the outcome, when the event has to be cancelled during the event? :? If you see what I mean after a few drinks....

Or is it just Sport?

God I hope that makes sense....
Moose

Re: Is a Football Match unique?

Postby Moose » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:27 am

Eeeeee drink is a bad thing....

Forgot to mention that I would expect a little recognition for my original investment.... :roll:

That was my point.
---------
'Goodbye to the Port and Brandy, to the Vodka and the Stag,
To the Schmiddick and the Harpic, the bottled draught and keg.
As I sat lookin' up the Guinness ad I could never figure out
How your man stayed up on the surfboard after 14 pints of stout.'

(Christy Moore)

Night.
Moose

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:29 am

You paid to be entertained...you were for 65mins, circumstances that were not the fault of the clubs stopped thw match from going on. Ask the officials for your money back not the club
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:31 am

The rules at cricket matches and wimbledon, for example, are quite well known for being on the unfair side. I remember we were once at a test match at Trent Bridge. We only saw 10 of the 90 overs but because they'd reached that number of overs there was no refund of any kind (which, by the way, was an obvious fudge because it was raining quite hard for some time but they decided to come off just as soon as they reached the required amount. Cynical?).

ezz wrote:You paid to be entertained...you were for 65mins, circumstances that were not the fault of the clubs stopped thw match from going on. Ask the officials for your money back not the club

They paid to be entertained for 90 minutes, not 65.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:33 am

[quote="marky"]The rules at cricket matches and wimbledon, for example, are quite well known for being on the unfair side. I remember we were once at a test match at Trent Bridge. We only saw 10 of the 90 overs but because they'd reached that number of overs there was no refund of any kind (which, by the way, was an obvious fudge because it was raining quite hard for some time but they decided to come off just as soon as they reached the required amount. Cynical?).[/quote]

Or just good business as far as they're concerned
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:36 am

I'm not arguing it isn't. I'm merely providing a sporting comparison.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:06 pm

Moose wrote:3. You pay for a tandom sky diving trip but the parachute is accidently activated just after you have jumped out? (You don't get the freefall but a great jump) would you want to pay full price again or expect a reducton on another jump?

Oh, I'm pretty sure that if I'd jumped out of the plane and there had been a problem with the parachute they could offer me the next three jumps for free, I still wouldn't be doing it again!!!

You go on a walking holiday to the Lake District. It rains the whole time, so going up the fells would be dangerous, you won't get your money back. You go on a skiing holiday but that year the weather is too warm and there isn't enough snow to open the piste, you won't get your money back.

But you are right, it is mainly sport that has this (rain at the GP races, no refund).

Personally, I quite enjoyed the game, especially the first half, so I was entertained. As someone who can't go on Tuesday, so reduced entry was never going to benefit me, I sympathise with those people who can't afford to go but don't think the club are being unreasonable.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion