This weeks cup games

This weeks cup games

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:26 pm

What do we want/expect from Tranmere and Grimsby. Are the games a welcome break from the League, or an unwelcome distraction?

I am looking forward to winning the penalty shootout tomorrow :D Tranmere won't be looking forward to it as they have everything to lose :D

Saturday is more important for potential revenue, I hope we can do the biz at C.P. and go at them. The last thing we need is a replay at Cleethorpes!

The boys should go into both games with confidence and without fear :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: This weeks cup games

Postby parkyboy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:42 pm

How does Sammy see it , will he play strongest available side at Tranmere and who plays instead of Howe , will it be Ocarroll Blinkhorn or Taylor
parkyboy

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:14 pm

I think sammy will put a good team out at tranmere I think if we beat them we have a good chance of getting to Wembley
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:23 pm

Given the past 2 sides we've put out in the JPT I think we're taking it very seriously this year and I expect another strong eleven. I'd like to see the Curtis-O'Carroll combination again, as they worked well together for the last part of the match on Saturday.

I hope we can take advantage of the poor run of form Grimsby are having and go on to have a couple of decent ties in the FA Cup, the 3rd round is still a great attraction.
Harry

Postby John L » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:12 pm

marky No.1 wrote:What do we want/expect from Tranmere and Grimsby. Are the games a welcome break from the League, or an unwelcome distraction?

I am looking forward to winning the penalty shootout tomorrow :D Tranmere won't be looking forward to it as they have everything to lose :D

Ronnie Moore is up for it! World subscribers can hear his interview at http://www.tranmererovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/sub/Radio/0,,10365~1441729,00.html or anyone can read a summary at http://www.tranmererovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Manager/0,,10365~1442168,00.html

Of course, I think we should have the same approach, especially coming so close last season to another glory day at Wembley! 8-)
John L

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:26 pm

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1833_4448700,00.html

Not sure if this is good or bad news for us. In these competitions I usually like the higher league side to field a full-strength (or as near as) side, on the basis they will have more of an eye on their League campaign.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby i-love-mfc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:42 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7700498.stm

^^^^
Whos Paul McGivern ??
Had to say that sorry
i-love-mfc

Postby steve mfc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Curtis is out as well, rib injury so it looks like O'Carroll and Taylor.
steve mfc

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:12 am

I think it is great timing, coming on the back of Saturday's win. Tomorrow doesn't really matter that much, although another win would be nice. Saturday is a big game because a good win will not only put us through to the second round but also a real morale boost for us and another battering for Grimsby, who are looking increasingly grim.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:55 am

steve mfc wrote:Curtis is out as well, rib injury so it looks like O'Carroll and Taylor.

Yeah he was suffering with that on Saturday got clattered early on :cry:

Sammy sounds upbeat :D
http://www.lep.co.uk/morecambe-fc/Morec ... 4656708.jp
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:17 pm

I think we should go all out against Grimsby, this club needs a good FA cup run and a great pay day at a massive club if we can get to the 3rd round. It would release so much pressure and along with staying up and the new stadium things would start to look promising again.
I think we should treat the Grimsby game like were back in the conference and their in league 1, bringing back the brilliant 'day out' atmosphere at the pie. Afterall the magic of the FA cup :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:42 pm

ezz wrote:I think we should go all out against Grimsby, this club needs a good FA cup run and a great pay day at a massive club if we can get to the 3rd round. It would release so much pressure and along with staying up and the new stadium things would start to look promising again.
I think we should treat the Grimsby game like were back in the conference and their in league 1, bringing back the brilliant 'day out' atmosphere at the pie. After all the magic of the FA cup :D

Totally agree with ezz :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :? :lol:

If we treat this as a 'big game', as it would have been a couple of years ago, enjoy ourselves (unlike last season in the FA Cup!) and hopefully get through the next round too, we'd suddenly be looking at a town invigorated with interest once more, which will hopefully also boost our league attendances.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:09 am

Keith wrote:
ezz wrote:I think we should go all out against Grimsby, this club needs a good FA cup run and a great pay day at a massive club if we can get to the 3rd round. It would release so much pressure and along with staying up and the new stadium things would start to look promising again.
I think we should treat the Grimsby game like were back in the conference and their in league 1, bringing back the brilliant 'day out' atmosphere at the pie. After all the magic of the FA cup :D

Totally agree with ezz :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :? :lol:

If we treat this as a 'big game', as it would have been a couple of years ago, enjoy ourselves (unlike last season in the FA Cup!) and hopefully get through the next round too, we'd suddenly be looking at a town invigorated with interest once more, which will hopefully also boost our league attendances.

Yep 1 down 1 to go - should have scored in that second half, we dominated the last 20 mins :x
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion