ref

ref

Postby baldrick » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:32 am

The referee cost us the game yesterday.
The lads were great maybe just lacking in the final third but the ref or two refs as it turned out were so one sided it was unreal. Is it me but do we ever get a ref giving us most decisions or even been fair cos i can't remember that many at christie park?
I did see one game last year at morecambe can't remember which now but it was a premier league ref and you could tell the difference cos he was spot on with every decision so maybe its the quality of the refs at this level i.e favouring the bigger side.
Anyway rant over!
baldrick

Re: ref

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:47 am

Over an entire season I suspect that it would work out to be pretty even.

Yesterday it went against us, but it was a very tough call.

On another occassion it could and will go for us.

I can't believe that refs deliberately go out with the intention of penalising a certain team. Just as I don't believe that players intentionally play crap.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby John L » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:15 pm

baldrick wrote:I did see one game last year at morecambe can't remember which now but it was a premier league ref and you could tell the difference cos he was spot on with every decision

We had Mark Halsey for, ahem, Morecambe v Accrington! Phil Dowd was in charge of our away game at Chester last season and Alan Whiley for the cup match at Deepedale and also the away game against Accy and, I agree, these prem league refs seem to have good games involving us.

Would you believe, though, that Mark Halsey is down to be the ref AGAIN on Tuesday???!!!! :shock:
http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Appointments/0,,10794~1425864,00.html ;)
John L

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:22 pm

Seen the goal on tv and some you win, even if it was not given we would still have had to net twice, it will come good for us but whining about refs is a bit negative, anyway i think the bouncy castle was playing the scorer onside!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Return to General Discussion