New signing?

New signing?

Postby Ego Tripping » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Citizen reporting that Sammy hopes to have somebody in by the weekend? Could Duffy be finally on his way? Otherwise I've heard Richie Foran is about to leave Southend on loan - he'd certainly be a good signing ;)
Ego Tripping

Re: New signing?

Postby Christies Child » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Ego Tripping wrote:Citizen reporting that Sammy hopes to have somebody in by the weekend? Could Duffy be finally on his way? Otherwise I've heard Richie Foran is about to leave Southend on loan - he'd certainly be a good signing ;)

Let's hope that this time it happens.

Somehow I can't see it being Duffy unless it's on a loan deal till the end of the season.

I just wonder if Scotty could be part of any loan arrangement as Southport have a goalkeeping crisis at the moment. Hence the 2 month deal with Lewis.

For me it's in defence where Sammy needs to concentrate, but thankfully, he doesn't listen to me (although some would claim he can hear me) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Whilst defence is important, CC, we desperately need some creativity and on the wings to at least give us a better chance of success going forward.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Just listened to Sammy on the radio and said that 'every time the ball goes into our box, my heart goes into my mouth' and that 'it can't continue'.

He also said that he believes that last night was our best performance of the season.

Reading some of the Brentford fans comments, it sounds as though we gave it a real go in the second half even saying that we outplayed them by controlling midfield.

Excellent.
Last edited by Christies Child on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:51 pm

If we are going to bring someone in then i hope its a player of quality and not an act of desperation, it has to be a player that will improve the side.
steve mfc

Postby marky » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:52 pm

I got something slightly different from their forum. Even before the match, there was a general consensus that midfield was their weakest area and it looks like that was proved last night. That said, it's good that we were able to exploit that. I've got an acquaintence who's a Vale fan and despite their current woes (and the fact he complains at every given opportunity) he's very confident about Saturday. Please prove him wrong lads!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby cultured » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Wingers with pace are the most important thing we're looking for. If we can turn defences round, the forwards we've got would get scoring.
cultured

Postby mfcbro » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Defence,defence,defence thats all we hear at the moment,the problem is we have nobody to hurt the opposition,no outlet,no plan b.Since thommo and baker have left we havent got a clue going forward.Our midfield are much of a muchness,sideways backwards,Rene Howe although a good player,many times he gets the ball it is with his back to goal.No movement whatsoever taking opposition players out and creating space for our forwards to run into.I still cant believe we let John Newby go he made plenty of runs along the line taking defenders with him.A thing Danny Carlton used to do well.We did well last season when we had a settled back four i.e. Adams,Bentley,Artell and Yates.This season we have had combinations of Adams,Bentley,Mccann,Mcstay,Parrish(right back & left back)Artell,Yates.Playing different systems for different games.We need a settled side and a settled system.I am afraid Sammy has to take a share of the blame,he picks the team,its excuse after excuse.I cant comment on last nights performance because i wasnt there,but leaving it till the 81st minute before bringing on any subs isnt good enough.Not for the 1st time this season may i add.
mfcbro

Postby james456 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:Just listened to Sammy on the radio and said that 'every time the ball goes into our box, my heart goes into his mouth' and that 'it can't continue'.

He also said that he believes that last night was our best performance of the season.

Reading some of the Brentford fans comments, it sounds as though we gave it a real go in the second half even saying that we outplayed them by controlling midfield.

Excellent.

Whats your heart doing in his mouth? :?
james456

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:40 pm

james456 wrote:Whats your heart doing in his mouth? :?

Wishful thinking on Sammy's part? :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:49 pm

Keith wrote:
james456 wrote:Whats your heart doing in his mouth? :?

Wishful thinking on Sammy's part? :lol:

OK...I hold my hands up...stupid error on my part. No excuses from me.

And YES I'm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Don't be embarrassed CC. All I have nightmares about at the moment is ARE ACCY STANLEY GOING TO PRODUCE THEIR USUAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING PERFORMANCE against us??
We don't seem to do very well against them,do we? :shock: :shock:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby mfc:) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:06 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Don't be embarrassed CC. All I have nightmares about at the moment is ARE ACCY STANLEY GOING TO PRODUCE THEIR USUAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING PERFORMANCE against us??

I love playing accrington but there 2 wins luton away and a good win against shrewsbury on tuesday at home make me worry and as i talk to a couple of accy fans i will never be able to forget about it because of them !.
mfc:)

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:11 pm

mfc:) wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:Don't be embarrassed CC. All I have nightmares about at the moment is ARE ACCY STANLEY GOING TO PRODUCE THEIR USUAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING PERFORMANCE against us??

I love playing accrington but there 2 wins luton away and a good win against shrewsbury on tuesday at home make me worry and as i talk to a couple of accy fans i will never be able to forget about it!.

Oh mfc, I just hope AS don't do the double over us again like last season, it seems that Mr.Coleman always gets them fired up against us. :cry: :cry:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby mfc:) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:15 pm

I went to both games last year and god the away one was Dreadfull
mfc:)

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:28 pm

mfc:) wrote:I went to both games last year and god the away one was Dreadfull

just hope the wheather is better this time!
heysham_mfc

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:51 pm

someone like this.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvhBnKB ... re=related

if only
Shrimpsscene

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:03 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:someone like this.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvhBnKB ... re=related

if only

Is "Kinkladze Magic" "Howe Magic" in disguise? :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:42 am

Ego Tripping wrote:Citizen reporting that Sammy hopes to have somebody in by the weekend? Could Duffy be finally on his way? Otherwise I've heard Richie Foran is about to leave Southend on loan - he'd certainly be a good signing ;)

Foran fits bill: able to play on either flank or striker, Northern Irish (again), is currently on the transfer list, played on loan at Darlington last season, we wait and see what the next 24/48 hours holds for us.
Apparently Foran, who Southend paid Motherwell £150,000 for, is out of favour, will not be playing again for Southend and would prefer a move BACK UP NORTH :!: ideally Carlisle but as we all know its not an ideal world
nobbyshrimp

Postby Ned » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Sky Sports News reports that Mcillroy is talking to 2 possible loan signings.

About time too.
Ned

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Negative Ned wrote:Sky Sports News reports that Mcillroy is talking to 2 possible loan signings.

About time too.

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 64,00.html
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:57 pm

Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:14 pm

Sounds just what we need with fire in his belly - got sent off playing left back in his first of 2 internationals for N. Ireland

http://www.skysports.com/football/match ... 23,00.html
marky No.1

Postby Number 1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 pm

mfcbro wrote:Defence,defence,defence thats all we hear at the moment,the problem is we have nobody to hurt the opposition,no outlet,no plan b.Since thommo and baker have left we havent got a clue going forward.Our midfield are much of a muchness,sideways backwards,Rene Howe although a good player,many times he gets the ball it is with his back to goal.No movement whatsoever taking opposition players out and creating space for our forwards to run into.I still cant believe we let John Newby go he made plenty of runs along the line taking defenders with him.A thing Danny Carlton used to do well.We did well last season when we had a settled back four i.e. Adams,Bentley,Artell and Yates.This season we have had combinations of Adams,Bentley,Mccann,Mcstay,Parrish(right back & left back)Artell,Yates.Playing different systems for different games.We need a settled side and a settled system.I am afraid Sammy has to take a share of the blame,he picks the team,its excuse after excuse.I cant comment on last nights performance because i wasnt there,but leaving it till the 81st minute before bringing on any subs isnt good enough.Not for the 1st time this season may i add.

I agree with that in the main bro, but if you don't have a solid defence, you can't hope to win. Sure,if we're not creating, the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw, but at the moment, a clean sheet is the holy grail. I just hope McGivern is given the left back spot, and McStay keeps his place. Jimbo's looking suspect but I suspect if he can get a bit more confidence, then we might be ok.
Number 1

Return to General Discussion