Tut tut

Re: Tut tut

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:14 am

Next game, get the North Stand to sing 'sit down..........' and see how many do it then run the debate :lol:
Weetabix Kid

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:43 am

Phoenix wrote:The North Stand were quieter than usual yesterday and Rochdale supporters were out-shouting Morecambe from the Main Stand, even the moaners seemed to be quiet (or missing?). You might think you were noisy but stood next to the dugouts, sorry, whatever noise you were making wasn't carrying onto the pitch. Even stood in front of the North Stand in the second half, apart from a feeble Do You Take It attempt and Sammy Give Us A Wave, you were quiet.

You might not have been Complaining as such Brian but considering how badly the team is doing and the poor first half we were enduring your comments are criticism that isn't needed at a time when we want to be encouraging vocal support not telling us we were 'out shouted' or 'quiet' and 'feeble' . We were trying our upmost to lift the team and keep our spirits up. I thought we did a fairly good job on Saturday and enjoyed the atmosphere more than I have done at any other home match so far this season. I wasn't bothered about the main stand not standing that is another matter.

Your post is so negative and it was perpously so because you wanted to put the North stand singers down because one of them had had a go at the Main stand.

It was a petty dig and although you may think you were merely stating a fact, it was the context in which you were doing so.

I'd even have to disagree that you were just stating facts! you are reporting what YOU heard from where YOU were standing, so unless you have perfect hearing and were managing to stand in every part of the ground and on every part of the pitch throughout the game, you can't possibly say with certainty that we were outsung or that our noise didn't carry to the pitch.

This was your opinion and a very critical one. you have had a go at other posters this season for critical opinions towards the team, so having a critical opinion about us supporters seems very hypocritical to me.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 am

Phoenix wrote:
PHOENIX.
stop complaining and get in the north stand and show us how it is done.

Oh dear, still got a problem with me badger? Please do me the honour of reading what I actually type before having a dig and wasting your time.

Just to make this clear, yet again because it obviously isn't getting through to everyone, I am NOT COMPLAINING, I am giving you some (uncomfortable for some) FACTS.

Anyway, how can I take photos of you (about which you complain when there aren't enough) stood in the North Stand?

I'd like to ask a question about Photos of the crowd. Last season we had dozens before matches showing all the effort of balloons and confetti. Has there been a conscience decision not to take as many before kick off as now we get a couple? Im not having a dig, I think you do a great job considering its your own time/equipment etc.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:17 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:
Mark S wrote:
Hodgie wrote:sounds like accy are having the same problem
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ ... 43344.html

Speaking of Accrington, if you want cheering up dont forget to watch ITV at 10.40 tonight.

Makes you grateful to be a Morecambe Fan :D

Thanks for the reminder Mark

Almost tempted to start a new thread to get away from the squabbling, but just had to mention this TV gold again! If you havent seen it, it is like Phoenix Nignts at a football club. The chairman is like Brian Potter and there is every character you could wish for at the club. I am sure that Granada have done a stitch up job on them to purposely make them look ridiculous! How they interview these people with a straight face is beyond me. The Chairman is a full blown loony tune, The Ex Bar manager is neurotic and looks like she has had one or two herself, The Security Manager is also the lottery man, the cleaner and something else. They even picked the fattest supporters to interview that they could find and sent them on a hike! :lol:

We are sooooooo lucky!
Mark S

Postby Phoenix » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 am

I'd like to ask a question about Photos of the crowd. Last season we had dozens before matches showing all the effort of balloons and confetti. Has there been a conscience decision not to take as many before kick off as now we get a couple? Im not having a dig, I think you do a great job considering its your own time/equipment etc.

I've rarely taken pre-match photos because I have another job until kick-off, the only times I do take them is at away games. When I know there's something special going on, like the confetti, if it's not too busy in the tardis I sneak off a few minutes early or ask one of the other guys to take them. No conscious decision whatsoever.
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:09 am

Your post is so negative and it was perpously so because you wanted to put the North stand singers down because one of them had had a go at the Main stand.

Absolute bollox. I go out of my way to catch photos of the North Stand having a good time, arms in the air, jumping, disco, whatever. I'll wear ear plugs next week.
Phoenix

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Absolute bollox. I go out of my way to catch photos of the North Stand having a good time, arms in the air, jumping, disco, whatever. I'll wear ear plugs next week.

Sorry Brian, I don't know what your last post was getting at? I didn't question wether you take pictures of the crowd having a good time? I read the posts back to myself and it seemed your first post on the thread was a direct response to a North Stand supporter having a go at the main stand and you were criticising him as a retort. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

So Brian, YOU'RE talking Bollox.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:47 pm

If Brian couldn't hear the North Stand on the pitch, what do you want him to do? Lie?

Some people on here seem to take criticism incredibly personally.
campdave

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:32 pm

yet again, someone posting a comment without bothering to look back at all the posts so as understand the context of the conversation.

Brians first post on this thread was in reaction to the comments made in the original post about Main Stand supporters not being vocal. I felt regardless of wether he could hear us or not that making remarks completely rubbishing our vocal efforts on Saturday was uncalled for and simply a dig back at the origional poster.

Secondly I was pointing out that he has made remarks about negative supporters on here in the past and that it was very hypocritical of him to be criticising the great vocal effort by the fans when he dislikes negative criticism.

Thirdly, if this was just his opinion that would be fine, apart from being hypocritical, but he also says that what he posted is simply the FACTS! I was pointing out that just because he has the privilage of being pitch side, doesn't mean he is the official decible reader and qualified to say that what he classes as 'quiet', 'feeble' and 'outsung' is FACT.

I don't want him to 'lie' as you put it. I would however ask why he feels he is the official last word in what sammy and the team can hear and why he felt it neccesary to put down the great attempt by the North Stand singers on Saturday instead of looking for the positives as he usual does and champions Howe Magic for when it comes to the team, the performance of the crowd is no different.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:39 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:yet again, someone posting a comment without bothering to look back at all the posts so as understand the context of the conversation.

Yet another person who makes an assumption about what another poster has or hasn't read. :?:
campdave

Postby mfc:) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Can we just forget about this post and let who ever sings get along with it and leave it as that?
mfc:)

Postby badger » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:53 pm

The horth stand were making a lot of noise on saturday.
i think the reason pheonix could not here us when he was stood at the dug out is simpel.
if the wind was blowing into the horth stand, the noise would not carry towards the dug out,
if the wind was blowing away from the horth stand then pheonix would have heard us, it is that simple.
badger

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:55 pm

campdave wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:yet again, someone posting a comment without bothering to look back at all the posts so as understand the context of the conversation.

Yet another person who makes an assumption about what another poster has or hasn't read. :?:

did you get past the first line or did it offend you enough not to bother and post straight back without reading on?

reading on you will see my recap and I think that explains why I assume you haven't read the other posts.

since you haven't posted anything in respect to the rest of the post I will assume that you didn't read the rest, or that you were simply trying to blindly stick up for Brian in your first response and now your only retort is to shift the arguement to one about wether either of us is assuming too much.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:06 pm

time to just accept that my dad is indeed bigger than your dad so ner-ner
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion