Jim Gannon gone!

Jim Gannon gone!

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Port Vale have today said goodbye to another manager in Jim Gannon after displays of anger by hundreds of fans towards him and some directors after yesterdays game, so bad that Gannon had to return into the ground for his own safety.
Another manager bites the dust!
nobbyshrimp

Re: Jim Gannon gone!

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:03 pm

good opportunity for a new manager still only 6-points off a automatic promotion spot.
George Dawes

Postby Pobble » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm

DawZi wrote:good opportunity for a new manager still only 6-points off a automatic promotion spot.

I would like to suggest Mr S. McIlroy for the vacancy.
Pobble

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Pobble wrote:
DawZi wrote:good opportunity for a new manager still only 6-points off a automatic promotion spot.

if Fleetwood don't go up then that will be Mr Sammy Mcilroy's next job and you heard it from me first :o
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:59 pm

DawZi wrote:
Pobble wrote:

if Fleetwood don't go up then that will be Mr Sammy Mcilroy's next job and you heard it from me first :o

You'll be suggesting a straight swap next..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

A local broadcasting 'star' has seen Fleetwood play this season and his word to describe them was 'crap'....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 pm

DawZi wrote:
Pobble wrote:

I think you will be proved wrong and that Sammy will shortly sign a new contract at The Globe Arena.
He clearly has the Chairman's confidence and his is the only opinion that matters. Also with the exception of this season he has improved either league position or points total each season.
Interesting that after 37 games last season in what was considered our best ever season by most fans we had 52 points , just 9 more than we have now. However we then won 7 of our last 9 to give us 73 points and 4th place 8-) 8-)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:02 pm

Sammy's contract is up this summer and he might not want to stay.

if Fleetwood want him they do have a lot more money than most at our level and could easily give Sammy a offer he couldn't refuse plus a nice transfer kitty to play with for a change
George Dawes

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Sammy's contract is until the end of next season, which will be extended after he's taken us into league 1.
Bare Ben

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:37 pm

compensation packages? it is possible in Fleetwoods case, i suppose will have to wait n see.
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Rumour is that Ronnie Moore is next to go, to be confirmed tomorrow morning?
Morecambe Jack

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Rumour is that Ronnie Moore is next to go, to be confirmed tomorrow morning?

Correct, already gone.
Sammy h

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 am

Port Vale fans have been aagainst Gannon from the start mainly because he isnt Micky Adams
Their two styles are completely different and the fans have seen a promotion place become an outside the play-offs spot.
They also detest their Board for holding out against a 5 million pound takeover bid
Never patient at the best of times, the Vale fans went ballistic last saturday when the increasingly impressive Accrington beat Gannons new-look team 3-0 whilst half of the early season table-topping side sat it out sulking on the bench.
Allegedly when John Coleman & Gannon had a touchline disagreement a number of the Vale subs told Coley to hit him !
If that wasnt bad enough the wonderfully named defender Exodus Geoghegan was subject to racial abuse at the end of the game after having mooned at the Vale contingent and leaping at them apparently.
Some of it is on YouTube unbelievably !
This saga has been running since before Christmas and I havent even mentioned BusGate yet or Geoff Horsfield !
Crazy days indeed at Vale Park
SimplyRed MFC

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:44 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:46 pm

marky No.1 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK5Z1uwkqXw :o

Interesting, I wonder if someone who may have been arrested for swearing at a game, could use this in his defence, I wonder how many of these Valiants got arrested.
morecambe mick

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 09, 2011 5:38 pm

George Dawes wrote:
Pobble wrote:

bump been working in Fleetwood today apparently SM as been offered £3000 a week and bonuses although there still in the play-offs
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Sammy's contract is until the end of next season, which will be extended after he's taken us into league 1.

:lol:
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion