Fleetwood town...

Fleetwood town...

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:51 pm

..Congratulations on the making the play-offs. Would love them to come up, we need some northern teams in this southern league!
Sammy h

Re: Fleetwood town...

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:21 pm

I would love to see fleetwood also get promoted but personally I think we will see luton town back in league 2 next term
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:38 pm

We're in need of some Northern blood IF Accy go up (we might even get PNE the season after next !! :lol: )

Swindon down today, Plymouth and Brizzle Rovers teetering on the brink with the Daggers now in the bottom four.

Some long trips in store next term.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:26 pm

We will pass Nob End on the way up. Possible paint pot cup tie on the cards though.

I hope we get either Fleetwood (renewal of an old rivalry) or York (quality weekender) coming up via the play-offs. Too many peanut eating yobs in this league, we don't need Luton or Wimbledon coming up to add to this.

Oh, and I also hope Barrow go down.
RedRedWine1

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Barrow are techincally safe now in BSP for another season I believe.

Unless they ship 5 goals or more without reply at the weekend and other results contrive against them ...
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:43 pm

From the Barrow website :

Barrow will hope to clinch their Blue Square Bet Premier status for next season at Saturday's home game with Hayes & Yeading.

The Bluebirds can only be relegated if they lose by five goals on Saturday WHILE Tamworth draw with Forest Green AND Southport avoid defeat at Kettering.

Easter's results and the fact that Tamworth entertain Forest Green on Saturday, mean that one of our near neighbours, Altrincham or Southport will definitely be relegated and possibly both.

Altrincham must beat Eastbourne at Moss Lane or they will be relegated, while Southport will definitely be safe if they avoid defeat at Kettering, results which would condemn Alty to the drop whatever The Robins do on Saturday as would a draw at The Lambs ground.

A victory for Tamworth will preserve their status and relegate Forest Green, and vice versa for their Visitors. Both clubs cannot be relegated together.

Barrow will not want to lose at all on Saturday, never mind by five goals, and will want to finish the campaign on a high.

:?
All very complicated.
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion