O/T BBC2 United

O/T BBC2 United

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:52 am

Sounds as though the programme about the Munich crash has generated a lot of bad feeling in the eyes of Sir Matt's son.

:(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T BBC2 United

Postby outsider » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:58 am

Do you have a link to this ? Saw the program and wondered why?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:59 am

It was an interesting documentary. It waws quite alot about the development of Bobby Charlton and how his teammates supported him. It portrayed Sir Matt Busby as a quite wise and clever. David Tennant was trying to do a welsh accent :shock:
Little Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:03 am

It was a superb programme, wonderfully written and beautifully acted. Sir Matt was not the central character of the piece, it was about how the club got through the period when he was recovering from the crash too. Even though I'm a Morecambe/Liverpool supporter I found it incredibly moving, and just as much a human story as a football one. One could not come away from watching it without immense respect for the people involved and for Manchester United Football Club in particular.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:15 am

bigreddog wrote:It was a superb programme, wonderfully written and beautifully acted. Sir Matt was not the central character of the piece, it was about how the club got through the period when he was recovering from the crash too. Even though I'm a Morecambe/Liverpool supporter I found it incredibly moving, and just as much a human story as a football one. One could not come away from watching it without immense respect for the people involved and for Manchester United Football Club in particular.

Agree with that. I thought the plane crash scene was extremely effective and very moving.
Little Shrimp

Return to General Discussion