The cost of injuries

The cost of injuries

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Had a chat with our Chairman prior to todays game and was surprised to hear that all the scans and operations to players have to be met by the club and NOT Insurance companies.

When you consider over the years the number of players who we've had who have required operations or medi care of whatever description, the costs must be incredible.

It's little wonder that the players wages and expences (which I assume includes medi care) is just over £1.2million in the last financial year.

Ideally a squad of circa 18 with a youth scheme sounds the way forward with loans coming in when necessary. One thing for certain the club can't continue to pay out for players on 2 or even 3 year contracts.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: The cost of injuries

Postby stevanshrimp » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Christies Child wrote:Had a chat with our Chairman prior to todays game.

It's little wonder that the players wages and expences (which I assume includes medi care) is just over £1.2million in the last financial year.

Ideally a squad of circa 18 with a youth scheme sounds the way forward with loans coming in when necessary. One thing for certain the club can't continue to pay out for players on 2 or even 3 year contracts.

What did he think to your advice/suggestions C.C?
I wonder if he would/did agree with you?
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Morectalk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:14 pm

It's amazing that players can get scans so quickly these days, merely as a precaution, yet my old gran waited months for a scan on her hip. :roll:
Morectalk

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:38 am

Morectalk wrote:It's amazing that players can get scans so quickly these days, merely as a precaution, yet my old gran waited months for a scan on her hip. :roll:

I'm guessing your old gran doesn't want to go private? If she pays for it she'll get it in no time.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion