fans club meeting with Q&A & quiz Monday 4th report

fans club meeting with Q&A & quiz Monday 4th report

Postby bigreddog » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 am

hi all

the next Fans' Club meeting scheduled for thsi coming monday 4th, will start at 7.30pm, have just received confirmation from Rod Taylor that we will have a panel to have a Q&A which will consist of:

Rod Taylor
Barry Roche
Simon Farnworth
Danny Carlton

the meeting will be followed by the monday night quiz too, so could be a good night.

many thanks

Darren
Last edited by bigreddog on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Re: next fans club meeting with Q&A & quiz Monday 4th

Postby bigreddog » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:09 pm

by the way, if there is anyone who cant make the Q&A but would still like to have a question asked, please feel free to post it, and I'll make sure it gets asked.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
bigreddog

Postby Aspers » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:18 pm

Should I fake my orgasms?.

Mind, I'd only be kidding myself!!!
Aspers

Postby ockers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:43 am

thanks for posting this Darren
hope to be there tonight
ockers

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Can the club arrange for Crapaldi who is reportedly on gardening leave, to be placed in some stocks outside the ground so that rotten veg. can be lobbed at him?

Serious question. We could raise a fortune.
RedRedWine1

Postby bigreddog » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Have spoken to Rod this afternoon, and though we'll get to the Q&A early (so be promt for the start of the meeting) he is going to make a statement about the Tony Capaldi situation. In the meantime follow the link to his interview on The Bay, tony has also spoken with BBC Radio Lancashire and with The Visitor.

Hope to see you all later.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Why is this such short notice? This is the first I have heard of it?

Has it been advertised before?
Sammy h

Postby Gnasher » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Is this a first team event or a Morecambe IV ?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:29 pm

For those of us who couldn't get there tonight, will someone post a summary of the evening's events please? Thank you in anticipation.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Darren will no doubt do it after the quiz. Big thanks to the panel. Let's just say none of it will appear on Twitter!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 am

A good night had by all. The Panel of Rod, Simon, Barry and Danny were brilliant. The Tony Capaldi issue was raised, and to be honest you'll get just as good a summary from Tony's statement that he made to the press. The players have been asked not to comment on it further, so it's not fair to push them on it. One thing that was said was that Tony is contracted to the club and remains a Morecambe player, he may or may not turn out before the end of the season, and we should support all the players if he does.

I think Ockers made some notes for the programme, but some of the more interesting answers were best players played with or against. Barry named Des Walker as the best player he's played with, Simon named George Best as the best player he's played against.

some other general answers, please feel free to add anything, was that the players don't like training on the artificial pitch, the Globe is a bit too comphy for visiting teams and that we've had some apalling referee decision go against us this season. some of the best questions of the night were asked by the younger people there, who were an absolute credit. Ockers may well fill in that bit, he was fiercely scribbling away at that point. but he's busy getting the programme for saturday ready as we speak, so give him a bit of time.

all in all a really enjoyable night, good beer, good pies, great company.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:55 am

bigreddog wrote:A good night had by all. The Panel of Rod, Simon, Barry and Danny were brilliant. The Tony Capaldi issue was raised, and to be honest you'll get just as good a summary from Tony's statement that he made to the press. The players have been asked not to comment on it further, so it's not fair to push them on it. One thing that was said was that Tony is contracted to the club and remains a Morecambe player, he may or may not turn out before the end of the season, and we should support all the players if he does.

I think Ockers made some notes for the programme, but some of the more interesting answers were best players played with or against. Barry named Des Walker as the best player he's played with, Simon named George Best as the best player he's played against.

some other general answers, please feel free to add anything, was that the players don't like training on the artificial pitch, the Globe is a bit too comphy for visiting teams and that we've had some apalling referee decision go against us this season. some of the best questions of the night were asked by the younger people there, who were an absolute credit. Ockers may well fill in that bit, he was fiercely scribbling away at that point. but he's busy getting the programme for saturday ready as we speak, so give him a bit of time.

was it well attended ? a number of people like Shrimper and myself play in the local quiz league on Monday nights so as soon as quiz season finishes the Monday attendances should be swelled.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:12 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:was it well attended ? a number of people like Shrimper and myself play in the local quiz league on Monday nights so as soon as quiz season finishes the Monday attendances should be swelled.

Don't know if there will be an official figure, but I would say about 30. I think the lateness of the announcement won't have helped particularly with us playing away at the weekend.

It was a Q&A though, as opposed to what I would call a "fans meeting", even though fans did meet there ~ if you see what I mean, Jim :lol:

Talking of Jim it was good to hear Baz praise Jim Bentley for his help and commitment while taking over the armband, it was also decided that it must be his choice of music that inspires us on our away trips :lol: He wasn't aware at the time that he was the first keeper this season to keep a clean sheet at Chesterfield, something I sense he is quite pleased about.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby outsider » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:35 pm

bigreddog wrote:A good night had by all. The Panel of Rod, Simon, Barry and Danny were brilliant. The Tony Capaldi issue was raised, and to be honest you'll get just as good a summary from Tony's statement that he made to the press. The players have been asked not to comment on it further, so it's not fair to push them on it. One thing that was said was that Tony is contracted to the club and remains a Morecambe player, he may or may not turn out before the end of the season, and we should support all the players if he does.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Thank you but I only look young ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Return to General Discussion