Premier League Debut for ex. Morecambe Player

Premier League Debut for ex. Morecambe Player

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:43 am

Ryan Mc Givern came on for Man City yesterday, albeit they were 4.0 up at the time.

Must be a first in the PREMIER League. He was on loan with us but the Shrimps are on his C.V. :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Premier League Debut for ex. Morecambe Player

Postby LA1Shrimp » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am

He did well at Leicester last year, Everton are meant to be looking at Joe Lewis so could see another ex Shrimp in the prem, Scott Loach has been watched a lot this season so who knows 3 ex shrimps making the grade at elite level, who says we dont develop youth at the club eh ha ha
LA1Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:31 pm

I hope toffee scouts didn't watch his performance against Bornemouth on Friday. Joe was at fault for 2 of the 3 goals conceeded in a 3-3 draw.

We seen to be great at developing other peoples talents, a pity then that we can't spot our own coming through.
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I hope toffee scouts didn't watch his performance against Bornemouth on Friday. Joe was at fault for 2 of the 3 goals conceeded in a 3-3 draw.

We seen to be great at developing other peoples talents, a pity then that we can't spot our own coming through.

Not as many as we'd all like, but I said a while ago that given a chance that Cowps would take it.

Let's just hope that our manager sticks with him and not replaces him with Wilson who will possibly be away at the end of this season in search of more money no doubt.

With a reduction in the playing budget next season, Cowps and others like him are our future.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Christies Child wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:I hope toffee scouts didn't watch his performance against Bornemouth on Friday. Joe was at fault for 2 of the 3 goals conceeded in a 3-3 draw.

Not as many as we'd all like, but I said a while ago that given a chance that Cowps would take it.

Let's just hope that our manager sticks with him and not replaces him with Wilson who will possibly be away at the end of this season in search of more money no doubt.

With a reduction in the playing budget next season, Cowps and others like him are our future.

Will the deluded man see that though? He doesn't believe in youth, yet was given his chance at 17 years old....
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Wilson doesn't strike me as mercenary, i just expect him to look elsewhere in the summer for a club playing at a higher level or just a bigger club more ambitious than us
George Dawes

Postby LA1Shrimp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:06 am

Club showing a lack of ambition eh, wow you really do get it on here.

Not sure I quite follow how the club have shown a lack of ambition, new ground complete with every training facility the coaching staff asked for including gym, pyhsio rehab gym, 3G pitches, access to outdoor facilities, access to a commercial gym, one of the biggest squads in the league. I would say they have invested heavily in all aspects of the football club on order to push on.
LA1Shrimp

Postby The Marksman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:11 am

Maybe so, but if he could get a contract with a side who get attendances three or four times ours, I wouldn't blame him for upping sticks. All clubs like to think they're ambitious, and we are, but we're just not very big.
The Marksman

Postby morecambegeek » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 am

Christies Child wrote:

For someone who jumps on other people's negative comments, thats a rather cynical comment to be posting. Did you have the same reservations when he joined Morecambe from Chester?

Did Baker, Thompson and Duffy move in search of money, or football at a higher level?
Last edited by morecambegeek on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
morecambegeek

Postby LA1Shrimp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:51 am

All clubs like to think they're ambitious, and we are, but we're just not very big.

There is a marked difference though between ambition and size of club. We aim to be a big club in terms of success, it would be very hard for us to become a 'big' club in the way Bradford are due to the small population of the town and the abundance of local premier league and championship football.

Its fair enough to say someone would leave for a bigger club but to accuse the club of lacking ambition is just wrong, everything in the clubs power has been done this year to push the club on in both footballing and business terms, unfortunately the stuff on the pitch hasn't held up their side of the bargain to some degree. Hopefully we can have a strong end to the season and push towards a more respectable position and look at going again next year.
LA1Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:22 am

Wilson doesn't strike me as mercenary, i just expect him to look elsewhere in the summer for a club playing at a higher level or just a bigger club more ambitious than us

LA1Shrimp wrote:Club showing a lack of ambition eh, wow you really do get it on here.

Not sure I quite follow how the club have shown a lack of ambition, new ground complete with every training facility the coaching staff asked for including gym, pyhsio rehab gym, 3G pitches, access to outdoor facilities, access to a commercial gym, one of the biggest squads in the league. I would say they have invested heavily in all aspects of the football club on order to push on.

your that pre-occupied sticking up for the club you missing the point, so basically your now trying to say that there is nobody what so ever at all who are more ambitious than us in L2 or coming up from the BSP for next season(we are not the only ones with a new ground)?
George Dawes

Postby LA1Shrimp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:51 am

I haven't said other clubs lack ambition or that we are the most ambitious, I have said that the club is very ambitious and has shown that through massive investment in both the playing staff and their facilities and also the ground and its associated facilities.

So I am just a little curious as to how you think the club could have shown more ambition, I'm all ears.
LA1Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:38 am

LA1Shrimp wrote: I'm all ears.

Is that you, Stanners?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby LA1Shrimp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:52 am

Busted
LA1Shrimp

Return to General Discussion