Crap-aldi says...

Crap-aldi says...

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Okay, now we've had time to calm down a bit, perhaps some of what he had to say should be discussed further. Not the disrespectful 'pub team' stuff, where he expressed what he thinks of our club (not a lot) but the other stuff, the stuff that almost got lost.

The training stuff.

I can't be bothered looking back to find the quotes, so this isn't exact, but he basically said that one training session involved heading the ball back and forth with the physio and another 'waste of time' involved twenty minutes of crossing and heading the ball. I've heard rumours elsewhere that our training is not the most ardent generally but even allowing for exaggeration, this sounds poor. It also suggests a reliance upon heading the ball too?

Does anyone have any knowledge of our training? Is it very (too?) gentle? Is it technical or 'lump it and head it'? How often do the lads train? I'm not passing judgement over the club or Capaldi, I'm just curious as to where the truth lay? Could this be a problem area for the club or the player Tweeting nonsense?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Crap-aldi says...

Postby feelingguilty » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Dont know anything about our training.

Logical conclusion though - run by the same people this year as last. Worked last year not this year.

For me got to be the players rather than the training - "a bad workman always blames his tools" etc.

If Tony is reading this I manage a pub team and we are short of players this weekend - you can be sub if you want?
feelingguilty

Postby Harry MFC » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:51 pm

feelingguilty wrote:Dont know anything about our training.

Logical conclusion though - run by the same people this year as last. Worked last year not this year.

For me got to be the players rather than the training - "a bad workman always blames his tools" etc.

If Tony is reading this I manage a pub team and we are short of players this weekend - you can be sub if you want?

:D .
Last edited by Harry MFC on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry MFC

Postby LA1Shrimp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:59 pm

At last

Someone has looked a bit deeper into Capaldis comments, what he said was out of order and very unprofessionsal however what he describes in his twitterings is akin to that of a pub team.

Training is said to be limited at best and 'old school' to be diplomatic - five a side, head tennis etc. The issue of training or lack of points towards the noted lack of athleticism in our team.

Morecambe FC are a professional football club, the players are full time pros with salaries that reflect this status. There is no reason why they should not be as physically fit as an elite level player. We have access to all the same equipment in terms of building fitness, etc. I accept that recovery and some injury prevention work is limited to those at the very elite in terms of weightless running, vitamin D beds, etc (there is a limit on sports science tech at this level) but the gym work, cardio training, strength work, nutrition etc should be no different at all.
LA1Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:01 pm

Get out of our club
Get out of our clllluuuubbbb
Tony Capaldi
Get out of our club

I can't believe the prick hasn't been sacked yet. If you have taken anything that has come out of his mouth with anything other than a pinch of salt, you are as foolish as he is. He's Billy big balls, on his way to the little leagues.....hopefully without us.
RedRedWine1

Postby LA1Shrimp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:06 pm

You cant just sack people, football isn't free from employment law. There would have to be an investigation and a tribunal in order to end his contract, the PFA would have an absolute field day should we just 'sack him'.
LA1Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:10 pm

We could just chop his head off? This is what happens when you put hippies in power for a decade, run by political correctness and paper. Don't give me all that liberal bollocks. If somebody is a [edit:]naughty boy they deserve to get the sack.... what is unfair P45ing somebody who making defamatory remarks about the club in the public domain?
RedRedWine1

Postby Ntini » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:14 pm

LA1Shrimp wrote:...football isn't free from employment law.

I think you're slightly mistaken there. If I wanted to leave my job, I could hand in my notice (say a month), work the notice period, and then leave. Since when can a player do that? They can only leave a club:
a) if they are in serious breach of contract (same as 'normal' employment)
b) by mutual consent (same as 'normal' employment)
c) when their contract has ended (same as 'normal' employment)
d) in a designated transfer period (employment law???)

Some day the current transfer system is going to be brought crumbling down, probably by a European Court hearing that judges in this way. If and when that happens, football really will be on its knees!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby LA1Shrimp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:21 pm

To a point I agree, what he has said is out of order and should it be proved then it is a sackable offence, but there are channels u must go through. The PFA are crafy sods, it has to firstly be proved its Capaldi who operates that twitter account, if we took everything that was said by so called players etc on twitter then Sam Allardyce would never be in a job etc. Its a very sticky wicket all this twitter business.

Ntini, a player can cease playing for a club at any time, they cannot however sign for another club while there registration is held. Footballing contracts are effectively worthless, what matters is the registration and the rights to it. It does happen in many other lines of work, often in professional industries the person leaving will be contractually precluded from working with ex clients or working in a given area etc.
LA1Shrimp

Postby The Fury » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm

RedRedWine wrote:We could just chop his head off? This is what happens when you put hippies in power for a decade, run by political correctness and paper. Don't give me all that liberal bollocks. If somebody is a wanker they deserve to get the sack.... what is unfair P45ing somebody who making defamatory remarks about the club in the public domain?

Employment law is political correctness 'gone mad'. Ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGAOCVwLrXo

Being a wanker is subjective in any event; your boss might think the very same thing about you.

Anyway, speaking to a first team player two or three seasons ago, when I asked who he thought was better to work under Sammy McIlroy or Jim Harvey, he replied that Sammy was the better man-manager i.e. he motivated his players well and get the best out of them (Thommo being a prime example, I guess) but that Jim Harvey was far and away a better coach.
The Fury

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:23 pm

training is not just only about fitness and ball training and set pieces etc. it is about getting all the players together and spending time having a laugh bonding creating team spirit they then take onto the pitch and its exactly that's whats clearly been missing all season

but it didn't for the best part of that season it was only the final 3rd of the season and you could argue with a winning formula Sammy stumbled across? and stuck to untill he changed from 4 4 2 to a predictable 4 5 1 with a lone striker in the 1st leg of the play-off semi-final and we then got hammered 6 - 0

and plus you only have to look at the teams what have played us at CP & Globe before KO with there training techniques compared to ours and wonder?
George Dawes

Postby The Bay » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:57 pm

I see the lads train on average once a week, and I can say it's far from 'pub team' like. Extremely professional. I think as Sammy's said a number of times we've been disadvantaged by not being able to train on the Globe pitch (we can and are now as I understand) but this would be the only area of 'concern'.

Surely heading, crossing etc are practised just like everything else.
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby kells » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:58 pm

When were the comments posted? Were they posted during the period in which we had a run of about 8 games in 4 weeks? Does anyone have a copy of the actual dates, it would be interesting to see if the posts were made either the day before or after a match.
kells

Postby Joel Ninety » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:34 pm

The Bay wrote:I see the lads train on average once a week, and I can say it's far from 'pub team' like. Extremely professional. I think as Sammy's said a number of times we've been disadvantaged by not being able to train on the Globe pitch (we can and are now as I understand) but this would be the only area of 'concern'.

Surely heading, crossing etc are practised just like everything else.

ONCE A WEEK? As professional footballers I would expect them to be training most weekdays. Maybe a half day on Friday and no training on Tuesday before the evening game. Day off on Sunday. Otherwise what else are they doing through the week?

According to Craig Stanley's Twitter feed he spends most of his time at Nandos.
Joel Ninety

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:41 pm

ONCE A WEEK? As professional footballers I would expect them to be training most weekdays. Maybe a half day on Friday and no training on Tuesday before the evening game. Day off on Sunday. Otherwise what else are they doing through the week

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well well.... ask Crap-aldi about mondays when we had a match on tuesday

im sure he could enlighten you.....................................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:36 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:ONCE A WEEK? As professional footballers I would expect them to be training most weekdays. Maybe a half day on Friday and no training on Tuesday before the evening game. Day off on Sunday. Otherwise what else are they doing through the week

you don't half do a lot of laughing on your posts mate :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:38 pm

DawZi wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:ONCE A WEEK? As professional footballers I would expect them to be training most weekdays. Maybe a half day on Friday and no training on Tuesday before the evening game. Day off on Sunday. Otherwise what else are they doing through the week

you don't half do a lot of laughing on your posts mate :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahaha,keeps me sane or insane :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Capaldi didn't work on Mondays.
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Sammy h wrote:Capaldi didn't work on Mondays.

AND :?: :?: :?: spill it
shrimpnsave

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:11 am

Joel Ninety wrote:According to Craig Stanley's Twitter feed he spends most of his time at Nandos.

He practices taking corners.
In the 1st half at Aldershot he planted 10 in exactly the same spot....a giant defenders head on the penalty spot!
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:17 am

RedRedWine wrote:G
He's Billy big balls, on his way to the little leagues.....hopefully without us.

RRW - He's no relation to Billy no mates ;)
Plain Peter

Postby Joel Ninety » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:08 am

Sammy h wrote:Capaldi didn't work on Mondays.

He didn't really work on Tuesdays or Saturdays either. VEGAS BABY!!!11?!
Joel Ninety

Return to General Discussion