Thankful for the directors we have

Re: Thankful for the directors we have

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:08 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:do not refer to our team boss by using his surname, that is rude, call him sammy, or mr mcilroy, he took us into the football league and deserves a civil adressing when discussed, not rudeness.

Mr McIlroy maybe but that doesn't scan well. To call Samuel Baxter McIlroy "Sammy" displays some kind of idea that I personally know the chap I'm talking about. I don't, so I won't.
Well if we go of your interpretation of what a legacy is " legacy being the stuff a new man or someone else can pick up and run with " then that surely applies to being in the football league, that's what you call a legacy.

As to us having a budget of a league one club well that's just speculation.

No, football league status can be taken away from Morecambe in a season (as we may well see).

I don't think you are getting my point. Mr Samuel Baxter McIlroy has done an excellent job getting our club where it was until the end of last season, but at this venture given the club that we are, we need a different type of manager that someone who is a coach and motivator. We need someone who wants to take full ownership of the club and install the following.

-A strong link with local sides lower down the pyramid
-A youth system bringing in first team regulars sold on for a profit
-Links with local Premier League and Championship clubs, affording us first pick of their players that don't make the grade
-A scouting system using lots of volunteers watching youth team/res games/non league games almost daily to try and unearth the best local talent

All that's in place yes? Samuel Baxter McIlroy has not done this, in fact if anything we've gone backwards from the Harvey era on all of the above. He has gone stale, and with every passing 3 nil drubbing is another bit of good faith prestige and history getting rubbed away. SBM deserves more than that, Morecambe deserve more than that. It is the time to part company on good terms rather than sour ones with no send off.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby LA1Shrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:33 pm

At what point do you decide its time to put down that lame family pet, theres been good times and you've grown together but do you want your abiding memories to be of pain and suffering.
LA1Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:32 pm

goneshrimping wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:do not refer to our team boss by using his surname, that is rude, call him sammy, or mr mcilroy, he took us into the football league and deserves a civil adressing when discussed, not rudeness.

Mr McIlroy maybe but that doesn't scan well. To call Samuel Baxter McIlroy "Sammy" displays some kind of idea that I personally know the chap I'm talking about. I don't, so I won't.
[quote]
Mr Samuel Baxter McIlroy MBE to give him his full title ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:42 pm

I can't believe a thread has got this far without arguing going on and the thread being locked :lol: :lol:

I prefer to call him - Samantha Mcilroy.
Sammy h

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Goneshrimping I agree with much of what you say. At one point the only club we could get players from was Royal Antwerp because Sammy's mate was there. That though was the last time I heard Sammy had a contact.

The determining factor though is Sammy's relationship with PMG. Jim was sacked after PMG told him to buy big and it didn't work. I think Jim was happy bringing through a few players at a time. However we threw money at signing O'Connor (crock), Ruffer (gambling crooked crock), Jimmy Kelly (crab) and it didn't work for the same reasons as this season. It may be that PMG believes that money buys the best and only money counts. If that's the case then maybe Sammy will be around for a bit longer.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby steve mfc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:24 pm

goneshrimping wrote:
Well if we go of your interpretation of what a legacy is " legacy being the stuff a new man or someone else can pick up and run with " then that surely applies to being in the football league, that's what you call a legacy.

As to us having a budget of a league one club well that's just speculation.

No, football league status can be taken away from Morecambe in a season (as we may well see).

I don't think you are getting my point. Mr Samuel Baxter McIlroy has done an excellent job getting our club where it was until the end of last season, but at this venture given the club that we are, we need a different type of manager that someone who is a coach and motivator. We need someone who wants to take full ownership of the club and install the following.

-A strong link with local sides lower down the pyramid
-A youth system bringing in first team regulars sold on for a profit
-Links with local Premier League and Championship clubs, affording us first pick of their players that don't make the grade
-A scouting system using lots of volunteers watching youth team/res games/non league games almost daily to try and unearth the best local talent

All that's in place yes? Samuel Baxter McIlroy has not done this, in fact if anything we've gone backwards from the Harvey era on all of the above. He has gone stale, and with every passing 3 nil drubbing is another bit of good faith prestige and history getting rubbed away. SBM deserves more than that, Morecambe deserve more than that. It is the time to part company on good terms rather than sour ones with no send off.

On the contrary i totally understand what you mean but we will just have to agree to differ regarding what is a legacy and what isn't.

As far as scouting and a youth system is concerned i agree that these are areas that can and should be improved on.

Where we differ though is that i believe Sammy should start next season as manager, yes its been a awful season nobody is denying that but one bad season doesn't make him a bad manager not after what he has achieved.

If Sammy was replaced it would only be with a manager who has either failed at another club or someone with little experience, personally i think he has done more than enough to earn the right to start next season in charge
steve mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion