Time to call up the CLUB CAPTAIN

Time to call up the CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby gbpacker » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:07 am

Eight games to go and while I can't see Stockport getting out of trouble Barnet might string some results together under Martin Allen. So let's get the club captain, Jim Bentley, back on the field alongside McCready, flanked by Parrish and Wilson and let him provide what has been patently missing all season - Leadership. Jim has done an outstanding job with the Reserves and his leadership and on-the-field coaching has been largely responsible for this. The young kids would do anything for him and the professionals who turn out for the reserves are always up for the challenge as they obviously realise the "big man" will not accept anything less. They are climbing the table steadily but more importantly the young kids are being well coached on the field and being taught that standards off the field also are important and we might even have a couple of real gems in there to make the step up to the first team - Money in the Bank. After finishing 4th last year the biggest change this season apart from some new faces has been the team is like a rudderless ship. Barry is an excellent goalkeeper but doesn't command the field like Jimbo. The game against Macclesfield was a good example of this, simply bombing the ball forward is not the Morecambe way and one or two players need a kick up the arse. Come on Morecambe Football Club sit down with Jim, have a coffee, sign a contract for his future and get him back on the field. An armband doesn't make a captain, as Capello has found out, they are born and Jim Bentley is one of that exclusive breed of men who lives and breathes passion & commitment not just on the field but in his life. A final word on Capaldi, apparently he thinks the two hour drive to training is a waste of time. Please Tony can you let us know what it's like to walk down to the benefit office every week to pick up your unemployment money and please don't go on Mastermind, you'll give us all a bad name.
gbpacker

Re: Time to call up the CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 am

gbpacker wrote:A final word on Capaldi, apparently he thinks the two hour drive to training is a waste of time. Please Tony can you let us know what it's like to walk down to the benefit office every week to pick up your unemployment money and please don't go on Mastermind, you'll give us all a bad name.

Crapaldi wasn't saying training was a waste of time, he drove 2 hours there and back to take part in a 20 minute training session and that was the days training. On another occasion his training for the day was playing head tennis with the physio. On these two points I don't think it's Crapaldi you should be questioning.
Duffman

Postby Lloydie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:16 am

good post
Lloydie

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Duffman wrote:
gbpacker wrote:A final word on Capaldi, apparently he thinks the two hour drive to training is a waste of time. Please Tony can you let us know what it's like to walk down to the benefit office every week to pick up your unemployment money and please don't go on Mastermind, you'll give us all a bad name.

Crapaldi wasn't saying training was a waste of time, he drove 2 hours there and back to take part in a 20 minute training session and that was the days training. On another occasion his training for the day was playing head tennis with the physio. On these two points I don't think it's Crapaldi you should be questioning.

I couldn't agree more with that. Its not the first time we've heard the quality of our training and coaching mentioned either by former players.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby shrimper » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Duffman wrote:

Yes but that is an issue to be addressed internally.

Externally, he's openly criticised his employers and made crass jokes about the work he's doing - and he's done that to a worldwide audience, thus damaging the reputation of his employers.
In most walks of life that is gross misconduct and immediate dismissal.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:52 pm

shrimper wrote:Externally, he's openly criticised his employers and made crass jokes about the work he's doing - and he's done that to a worldwide audience, thus damaging the reputation of his employers.

In most walks of life that is gross misconduct and immediate dismissal.

Don't be silly Glen. You're getting carried away. In my view he's been a silly boy, didn't understand the technology (not his fault if he's thick) and should be in the first team on Saturday as that's what Sammy wants*.

* To be honest we've had a lot of pretty poor fare at home this year. If Capaldi does play it would definitely liven up the home atmosphere. Come on I need a laugh.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Duffman wrote:

Good shout....

Our manager has been on radio suggesting that there will be changes IF he's still the manager.

Is that a seed of doubt in his mind? First time I've heard him asking such a question.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby broadwayshrimp » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Christies Child wrote:First time I've heard him asking such a question

First time we've been in this position during his tenure.
broadwayshrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Can't come soon enough for me, safety is paramount and Jimbo will offer that reassurance to others on the park that there's still some fighting to be done in order to reach it

Come on Sammy you know it makes sense! :?
HALMA 1983

Postby Bryan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:44 am

Be quite happy if he was made player-manager.
Bryan

Return to General Discussion