WYCOMBE

WYCOMBE

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:27 am

Not happy that our 8 quid deal doesn't apply to them! Seemed to think they were getting James Constable before deadline day :o Don't need to play against him again in a hurry :cry:

With all the s*** on and off the field this week, I predict we will beat them for the 1st time in the League :o

Come on Morecambe FC. sort it out.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: WYCOMBE

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:04 am

We only ever played them twice in Non League also Marky, and NEVER beat them.

FA Trophy at Christie, Andy "Snotty" Green with a last minute equaliser, and then a 0-2 defeat down there in the replay on a Thursday night if I remember rightly ........

Didn't you go to that one Keith ??!!! ;)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:25 am

Seasider9601 wrote:We only ever played them twice in Non League also Marky, and NEVER beat them.

FA Trophy at Christie, Andy "Snotty" Green with a last minute equaliser, and then a 0-2 defeat down there in the replay on a Thursday night if I remember rightly ........

Didn't you go to that one Keith ??!!! ;)

Perhaps that's it? I've been a jinx, having seen every Morecambe/Wycombe game, home and away. Tuesday night & Friday night down there included. Can't be there on Saturday so perhaps we'll finally get that win? :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 am

Keith wrote: Can't be there on Saturday so perhaps we'll finally get that win? :roll:

Don't forget to get this altered then:

"Wycombe (Only Keith has been every time we have played them, not that he has mentioned it!) "
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:58 am

Perhaps that's it? I've been a jinx, having seen every Morecambe/Wycombe game, home and away. Tuesday night & Friday night down there included. Can't be there on Saturday so perhaps we'll finally get that win? :roll:[/quote]

You nearly didn't make the Friday night game because you couldn't work out how to get out of Asda car park in Warrington :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 pm

I well remember that first trip to Adams Park in midweek, seemed like such a big deal then !
Also I can remember interviewing Martin O'Neil after the first game which was a draw at Christie, he was very complimentary about the Shrimps performance
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:13 pm

And that first ever game against Wycombe in the FA Trophy at Christie in January 1993, had to kick off at 1pm due to the fact that our existing floodlights had been condemned, and we were in the process of getting some new ones erected.

In fact, sad statto time (again !!), that was the first time those new floodlights were EVER used for a game ! But only for the last 5 minutes of the tie.

Don't worry readers. I'll get a life someday .... !! Good memory, that's all.

How far have we come since then though ??!! Well over 2,000 on Christie that foggy January afternoon, and I had the game on video at one point. Wonder where it went ....
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion