Sounds as though Mr T was magic

Sounds as though Mr T was magic

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Reading Matt's report it sounds as though Mr T had a bit of a game!

Best news of the day...other than us getting a point.
Last edited by Christies Child on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Sounds as Mr T was magic

Postby james456 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:10 pm

*Sounds as if Mr T was magic
james456

Re: Sounds as Mr T was magic

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:23 pm

james456 wrote:*Sounds as if Mr T was magic

though OR if...?

:?: :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Re: Sounds as though Mr T was magic

Postby campdave » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Really glad to hear it, hoping he can do the same next week to make some people at Christie eat their words.

Couldn't really tell what was happening today, the Lincoln world commentary was pathetic quality - anytime the ground made any kind of noise you could hardly make out the commentators.
campdave

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:04 pm

i can agree about the Morecambe world commentary. The commentators were the best we've encountered yet, but the quality was absolutely dire. I wasn't sure if we'd scored until it came up on Gillette on Sky. Having said that, its better than waiting fir an update on Radio East Lancs.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby CASS » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:06 pm

cragbankshrimp wrote:i can agree about the Morecambe world commentary. The commentators were the best we've encountered yet, but the quality was absolutely dire. I wasn't sure if we'd scored until it came up on Gillette on Sky. Having said that, its better than waiting fir an update on Radio East Lancs.

Tune in to "Aspers world Service" Mate,on line every Sat,just click "Chatzy" when he posts the link.
Today we had...Mark longing for Crumpet,Cooking tips from the Isle of Man and Bare Ben feeling neglected. All this interspersed with Aspers down under view on things. Apparently Lincolnshire
radio jurno's are B'astards. Don't miss out next time,Tune in with Aspers,look out for the link. :D
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby BHmfc » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Looks like i will have to eat humble pie (again) because after last weeks performance i stated that sadly, Twiss looked finished at this level (but i did judge him on the last 12 months and not just the 1 game) By all accounts he was more like the Twiss of old today, good luck to him and let's hope he turns out to be the quality left sided player that the team requires. (without reading my related post i think i also stated that i understood why SM gave him a start last week, so although it backfired last week, all credit to SM for sticking to his tactics today).
BHmfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:01 am

Twissy had a really good game, got plenty of crosses over including one superb one in the first half that Jimbo nearly scored from. Also got a couple of decent shots in that went just over the bar.
Nice to see Sammy and Mark give him a hug when he was subbed.
Dan Smith didn't make the bench so hopefully Mr T can hold down a place and show some of the class we know is permanent.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 am

Michael Twiss yesterday had a really good game, albeit I am biased being a Twissy fan.

He did take about 15 minutes to get into the game but, pretty much, the whole team took that time too. They came at us hard, at pace, with some lovely through balls splitting us in two.

Parrish did well when he was brought on to replace, underpaced, Danny Adams early in the first half.

Another free-kick from the left hand side leading to our goal, well taken by Craig Stanley. The bounce catching everyone out as it nestled into the far corner.

Twissy was making a pain of himself running and twisting around their players. If he keeps up this improvement next week, from last week, he'll be back to his old self :D
morecambe mick

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:12 am

Twissy had a good game yesturday shame he didn't get a goal
heysham_mfc

Postby parceldave » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:30 am

morecambe mick wrote:Michael Twiss yesterday had a really good game, albeit I am biased being a Twissy fan.

He did take about 15 minutes to get into the game but, pretty much, the whole team took that time too. They came at us hard, at pace, with some lovely through balls splitting us in two.

Parrish did well when he was brought on to replace, underpaced, Danny Adams early in the first half.

Another free-kick from the left hand side leading to our goal, well taken by Craig Stanley. The bounce catching everyone out as it nestled into the far corner.

Twissy was making a pain of himself running and twisting around their players. If he keeps up this improvement next week, from last week, he'll be back to his old self :D

Hi Mick nice to hear that the Bury bound washed up finished pased his sell by date Twissy is getting back to something like his old self again , all we need now is a wonder goal :D :D :D . I missed the game on Saturday as i had a prior ENGAGEMENT in Finland with my new Fiancee and we are having return leg when we get back to Lancster on Sun 5th Oct at Bar 11 on Church St from 16.00 if you would like to join us with your good lady . :D
p.s i forgot dont tell anyone else its a secret :D :D :D
parceldave

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:32 am

This is why, generally speaking, I just trust Sammy and Mark to get on with things.
I am a massive Twissy fan but, being honest, I wouldn't have played him again after the Grimsby game, until he'd shown some better form for the ressies.

But the manager - and Twissy himself, obviously had other ideas.
He said that playing v Grimsby was a surprise to him and asked for fans to give him more of a chance before making a judgment.
I wouldn't say he set the world alight at Lincoln but it was a markedly better display from him. He got some joy out of his runs against the very experienced Sinclair early on and that seemed to give him the confidence to have a go at his marker all game.

He put in a couple of great crosses that our strikers didn't really anticipate and they came to nothing but the contribution was definitely there from Michael.

He also went close himself with a good shot in the first half and a clever floated chip that just went over the bar in the second. They were the sorts of efforts he just hasn't been attempting in his previous few games.

I always encourage and shout support to the players, however well or not they are playing. But Twissy's one who really needs that backing from the fans and, on this showing, it will be support that's well worth giving.

Other than him, I thought Dave Artell had a solid game after a couple of moments early on when he - and a few around him - seemed to be leaving it to someone else, letting them run through us.

The whole team looked shaky and hesitant for the first 20 minutes and, to be honest, I thought we were going to get hammered. Lincoln were attacking in waves and seemingly walking through us.

But we got better towards the end of the first half and the second was pretty even with chances at either end.

The midfield started to look as if they knew what each other was doing as the game progressed but they'll have to really click in future if we're to prevent teams causing us lots of problems.

We did 'sneak' a point a bit but worked hard to do it - as we will have to do in every game this season. I don't think we yet have the cutting edge to hammer sides but we can grind out the results if we all pull together.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby parceldave » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 am

shrimper wrote:This is why, generally speaking, I just trust Sammy and Mark to get on with things.
I am a massive Twissy fan but, being honest, I wouldn't have played him again after the Grimsby game, until he'd shown some better form for the ressies.

But the manager - and Twissy himself, obviously had other ideas.
He said that playing v Grimsby was a surprise to him and asked for fans to give him more of a chance before making a judgment.
I wouldn't say he set the world alight at Lincoln but it was a markedly better display from him. He got some joy out of his runs against the very experienced Sinclair early on and that seemed to give him the confidence to have a go at his marker all game.

He put in a couple of great crosses that our strikers didn't really anticipate and they came to nothing but the contribution was definitely there from Michael.

He also went close himself with a good shot in the first half and a clever floated chip that just went over the bar in the second. They were the sorts of efforts he just hasn't been attempting in his previous few games.

I always encourage and shout support to the players, however well or not they are playing. But Twissy's one who really needs that backing from the fans and, on this showing, it will be support that's well worth giving.

Other than him, I thought Dave Artell had a solid game after a couple of moments early on when he - and a few around him - seemed to be leaving it to someone else, letting them run through us.

The whole team looked shaky and hesitant for the first 20 minutes and, to be honest, I thought we were going to get hammered. Lincoln were attacking in waves and seemingly walking through us.

But we got better towards the end of the first half and the second was pretty even with chances at either end.

The midfield started to look as if they knew what each other was doing as the game progressed but they'll have to really click in future if we're to prevent teams causing us lots of problems.

We did 'sneak' a point a bit but worked hard to do it - as we will have to do in every game this season. I don't think we yet have the cutting edge to hammer sides but we can grind out the results if we all pull together.

Sounds a bit like last season when Thommo was putting over great crosses and no one there to meet them. Is this going to be a long season of grinding out results and do you think we have the players in our present squad to have that cutting edge :?:
parceldave

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:53 am

Not in terms of beating teams with pace and skill from midfield (like Thommo and Baker did last season), no. I think the midfield needs to be solid and very, very hard-working and they need to set up the platform for Howe and O'Carroll to do their stuff.

So far we've been okay but the front men have either been too isolated or have had to come too deep. We need the midfielders to start to command that area more so they can push up and support, then I think the front two will really be able to trouble the opposition.
To achieve that players like Stanners and Twissy need to be performing at 100% and giving their contribution to Drummy and Garry Hunter's efforts.
All easier said than done, though.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:38 am

Really am chuffed that MrT was again looking the part. :D :D :D

However what worries me is what appears to be our inability to come out of the blocks from the start and to dictate the play, early doors.

It seems that the lads need a half time pep talk or kick up the rear to get themselves into the frame of mind to start to dictate things.

Anybody else got a similar thought..or is it just me?

5 games unbeaten can't be bad. Love to make it 6 on Saturday and for Irelands No1 to have a stormer against his old club.

Actually I'd prefer him to have sod all to do because we are in total control of the game. :D :D :D
Christies Child

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:07 pm

CC wrote:
However what worries me is what appears to be our inability to come out of the blocks from the start and to dictate the play, early doors.

It seems that the lads need a half time pep talk or kick up the rear to get themselves into the frame of mind to start to dictate things.

Anybody else got a similar thought..or is it just me?

It seems that we have a period of observation at the beginning of games where the players suss out the opposition. Surely this can't be a tactic Sammy employs because it doesn't make any sense to have to be a goal down before we can become properly motivated. Perhaps the players perform better when they are the underdogs and have to show some determination. Maybe other sides don't have much respect for us and get stuck in early doors, on Saturday Lincoln absolutely flew at us and ripped the team to shreds, yet the team regrouped and gradually forced themselves into the game, finishing strongly.

Last season when I couldn't get to as many games it was torture, game after game, watching the scores come up on the t.v. screen and not knowing if the team were in for a thrashing. Of course in many games they grabbed an equaliser and often claimed some points.

The only game where I thought we destroyed a team from start to finish was the trouncing of Rotherham. Whatever, a game lasts for 90 minutes and it doesn't matter when Morecambe score goals if the result is favourable.
OvertheBar

Postby badger » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:43 pm

5 games unbeaten sounds great, but we've only got 7 points out of 24 in the league.

the team have got to start picking 3 points at home at least against the weaker teams.

mabe they need a kick up the backside at the beginning of the game and not just at half time.
badger

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:33 pm

I think it was Sammy who said whilst in the conference "If we win all of our home games, and draw our away ones, we won't be far off winning the league" or something like that. If we can start getting the 3 points at home, especially against the weaker teams, then we can go away without anything to loose. But as has been said, there are no easy games in this league, Lincoln looked surprisingly good.
Crooky MFC

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:43 pm

We should be beating teams like Lincoln.
morecambe mick

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:30 pm

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:11 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Sammy talking about Twissy :-

http://www.thelancasterandmorecambeciti ... ant_Twiss/

:D :D :D
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion