Statistics Say we have Found the Solution

Statistics Say we have Found the Solution

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:17 am

FREE transport to away games :o

Maybe to put the icing on the cake Free transport to HOME games as well :lol:

Just got back to the Spurs side of London 8-)

That is what an Awayday should be like :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Statistics Say we have Found the Solution

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:21 am

Well I think it shows what we could get week in, week out, if football was a bit more affordable. Even with the free transport it is still a commitment to spend 9 hours on a coach and most fans would have still spent £30-50.

Hopefully in the future, the supporters club will be able to arrange at least one 52-seater to go to each away game. Pay an annual fee and encourage fans to book and pay early for a discount. If we can keep prices around £10-15 for most games I am sure we will fill out a coach for every game.

Another idea would be to get home clubs to chip in a few quid. If we end up taking double the fans then they will make twice as much on the gate and in the stand. 8-)
Wild Bill

Postby Posh » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:41 am

Wild Bill wrote:Another idea would be to get home clubs to chip in a few quid. If we end up taking double the fans then they will make twice as much on the gate and in the stand. 8-)

Exactly the case I made. Average away attendance at Barnet over four seasons say 100. Any increase on that due to free travel the clubs share 50/50. By my maths Barnet made about £4,000 extra revenue through the free travel. Split 50/50 how many coaches does £2,000 buy?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 pm

For a trip to places like Barnet, you could get one coach with £800-900 in change.
Closer trips, to, say the Manchester area, you could get two.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion