Team/Formation for Chesterfield...

Team/Formation for Chesterfield...

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Will Sammy stick with the same 4-5-1 formation that failed miserably against one of the poorer sides in the division? My prediction - Yes.

Anyone know if Paul Scott is anywhere near a return?

Team for me -

Roche
Holdsworth Parrish Bentley Capaldi
Hurst Fleming Brown Wilson
Spencer Jevons/Carlton

IMO we have to go 4-4-2, if we play for the draw against Chesterfield we will get raped.
Sammy h

Re: Team/Formation for Chesterfield...

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Type of game we'd get a draw, play anyformation it wont matter.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Roche
Holdsworth Bentley Parrish Capaldi
Hurst Fleming Drummond Wilson
Jevons Carlton
Little Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:21 pm

4-4-2 wasn't exactly prolific at harvesting points prior to the system employed last night. What has happened to Mullin? I didn't go to Northants but it sounded as though he made an impact when he came on from the bench. We've never lost to Lesterfield off the top of my head, despite being dicked a couple of times. I'd go the same as the team that started last night only start with Mullin instead of Jevs. The 4-3-3/4-5-1 was working with Hurst and Wilson pushing forward, until Hirst/Holdsworth gave the ball away cheaply in an attacking position. Then we fell apart for 30'mins.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:26 pm

and i dont care if Jim Benley isnt match fit the defending of late as been pathetic we need him to baby sit and fire fcuks into people not pulling there weight

Roche
Holdsworth Parrish Bentley Capaldi
Husrt Fleming Drummond Wilson
Mullin Carlton
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:30 pm

4-4-2 where we played decent football and looked the better side, 4-5-1 where we created zero chances, bar a Drummond effort and conceded two goals. I know which one I would choose.
Sammy h

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:50 pm

[quote="Sammy h"]Will Sammy stick with the same 4-5-1 formation that failed miserably against one of the poorer sides in the division? My prediction - Yes.

Anyone know if Paul Scott is anywhere near a return?

It's more a question of will he ever play again? Exactly five months this weekend since he played, that's a long time out.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 pm

6-4-0 tried everything else.

At least then we can go forward as a unit instead of the constant lump up the field. When the single striker was nowhere to be hoofed to last night on one particular occasion we actually played in a general forward motion for a while without it coming straight back.

I have seen and enjoyed watching many of our current players actually passing the ball and keeping possession in a forward/diamond pattern before and it was very good to the eye. Unfortunately recently they look like rabbits in headlights as the ball comes near them as if they don't want the frigging thing. :?

Just wish we had somebody with a bit of confidence on the ball , which does not include Mr. Jevons who seems more interested waving his arms about and trying these clever arse flick ons to people who aren't there or anywhere near his wavelength.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mfcbro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Mullin is injured,suspected broken toe.
mfcbro

Return to General Discussion