Enough is enough

Re: Enough is enough

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Stop reading my profile voyeur.

I've nothing to apologise for. If anything I may have gone slightly OTT in a previous post aimed at CC (which I will amend), but I stand by the beef of what I said in that post. Anyway, like most things it has nothing to do with you, I thought you were "done" with Morecambe FC after your latest hissy fit a few months ago on here? Crying off expecting a wallowing of pity. Think on.

With regards to your earlier post that noted people now no longer post, I was under the impression that a few previously active members stopped posting because the forum had become the place to have a moan and start discussing non-football/local issues? It started to become less witty and certain individuals began to take themselves too seriously. Such people may have possibly posted under different usernames depending upon what capacity they were posting on behalf of. They loved dishing out the banter, but couldn't take anything on the chin that was flung in their direction (I used to be Raeyes, as well as yourself I also took the piss out of myself earlier just in case you missed it). How many boxes have you ticked?

Like it or not, SV remains the first point of call to get the latest MFC news. I can't see that changing even if certain members choose to stop posting.
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Sharpy wrote:
Opinionated wrote:
For approximately the last ten years anyone outside of the 'in group' on SV has been either ignored or criticesed, therefore I don't buy your claim CC.

Never a truer word spoken!! if the sun doesn't shine out of the clubs arse, the players arses, the managers arse or the stadiums arse then you can just jog on. Been like that for years on here. The best part is, this board is extremely tame compared to others and people still get all hot and flustered!
good on RedRedWine for having the "alternate opinion"

I don't see the argument here.

Some people post things criticising things, other people then post things giving a different view.

The only time anyone gets banned or threads locked is when it gets to name-calling or abusive language, or accusing someone of something (which could be deemed libellous). I can't recall any instances of people being stopped from saying things if they do it in a non-abusive way.

If you post things critical of players, managers etc then someone comes on in support of them and arguing with your point of view, that's not censorship, or telling you to 'jog on', it's just debate.

Even if they say things like 'you've no right to say that' or 'you're out of order' - just argue back, what's the problem?

I think this 'you have to toe the party line or you get slated' argument is a cheap get-out.

A lot of people get slated for being too positive as well ('rose-tinted glasses' often gets quoted).

If you have a point to put - put it. And if someone argues with you, argue back.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Spot on that Glenn, I tend not to post when it's like this with all the doom and gloom simply because I wear those rose-tinted specs with pride and don't want to be involved with all the negativeness. Anything I do post during this period of panic is complete and utter nonsense :? :shock: :o 8-) :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:16 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:where the mods when you need them to lock this s..t.,...

It's what happens when we get a life!
Sharpy wrote:
Opinionated wrote:
For approximately the last ten years anyone outside of the 'in group' on SV has been either ignored or criticesed, therefore I don't buy your claim CC.

Never a truer word spoken!! if the sun doesn't shine out of the clubs arse, the players arses, the managers arse or the stadiums arse then you can just jog on. Been like that for years on here.

I'm sure if you look hard enough (or even look at all) you'll find a great many posts that I have made that were critical of the players, management or the club in general. I had a rant one time that resulted in Jim Harvey collaring me in the bar for his 'right to reply'. MarkS used to trot out a thread from our last Conference season where I was saying Sammy Mac needed to be sacked. If he still posted on here, he'd probably produce it for your entertainment.

So with respect, you sir are talking bollocks (unless I tell myself to 'jog on'?)

Had I caught this thread yesterday, I would have dumped it, but as it has run so far, I may see where it goes. Just stay of the personal crap eh?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Nice to see you cc :lol:

ya cant keep an old dog down :lol: :lol: :D :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Previous

Return to General Discussion