Why was their keeper not sent of for sliding with the ball

Why was their keeper not sent of for sliding with the ball

Postby Arnside Red » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 am

out of the area yesterday, I thought it was an automatic red for a keeper handling outside the area, seen a Barnsley keeper sent off twice for this offence, My only assumption was that the keeper had released the ball first but the ref deemed he had fouled our player with the slide out? :?
Arnside Red

Re: Why was their keeper not sent of for sliding with the ball

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:00 am

you have answered your own question
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:27 am

He should,ve at least been booked! But i think the ref and his assistants were hell bent on assisting oxford in every way, the first free kick that led to the opening goal was a con by their player-he just kicked the ball past charnock then fell over. The 2nd goal from a free kick which you could see parrish clearly got the b all...great finish mind! Not excusing our poor play but the officials giving them a 2 goal start was not helpful! i think oxford only had four shots on goal the entire match just a shame 3 went in! DC should have had a penalty too. Ah well only 7 more home games to attend!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Morectalk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 am

" i think the ref and his assistants were hell bent on assisting oxford in every way"

Don't you think that is a bit OTT? Some officials get it wrong, but they are never Hell Bent on assisting a side. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Morectalk

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:08 am

ok, no booking for deliberate handball outside the area by a keepr? no booking for the last defender giving a penalty away? B;atant second penalty claim ignored? Obvious fall by oxford player to gain first free kick, obvious tackle by parrish given as a foul for second goal? Just call it favouritism then!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Ego Tripping » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:23 am

Tackle for free kick that led to 2nd goal was so obvious it was by charnock......
Ego Tripping

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Blatant second penalty claim ignored?

It was indeed a 'blatant claim' but it certainly wasn't a blatant foul, and was rightly ignored. Unfortunately out of focus but I took a photo that showed both defenders making contact with the ball. Very good tackle I'm afraid.

Also, I agreed with the no-yellow for the foul that led to the penalty. It wasn't a bad foul and wouldn't have got a yellow card anywhere else on the pitch, so I think he got that one right too. I don't think the ref had a bad game and certainly can't be blamed for our inability to defend or score.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby harrys dad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Because to be sent off he has to prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity and he didn't. There is no law that he must be sent off for handling outside the area. Get over knocking the officials, we played crap yesterday and were well beaten by a much better team.
harrys dad

Return to General Discussion