33 points from 84 !!

33 points from 84 !!

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Doesnt matter how its covered up or glossed over that is dire and certainly relegation form ? ? thank god stockport are so crap ... home form 4 wins from 15 and only 19 points taken from a possible 45 i for one am very worried as i think we still need at least twenty more points to survive !!
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: 33 points from 84 !!

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm

It's not great but it's not relegation form, otherwise we'd be in the bottom two.

50 points is the safety mark - 17 to go, lets get them sooner rather than later.
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:40 am

18 games to go - 18 points. Will give us 51 points and mid table safety.

Here comes the summer
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby The Marksman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 am

We're averaging 1.1786 points per game this season (your time frame). Over the course of a season that's 54 points. It's not great, but it's not relegation form.

Plus, we're still above Bradford.
The Marksman

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:36 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Here comes the summer

Then we can look forward to an entertaining and successful World Cup before our best ever season in our fantastic new stadium!

Eh?
What?
Did they?
Were we?

Oh bugger, I thought that was just a bad dream... :o :shock: :cry:

Summer, warmth & TT then we can look forward to 2011/12. A couple of additions and we could have our best ever squad!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Keith wrote:A couple of additions and we could have our best ever squad!

On paper ........... !! :lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Sammy was on Radio Lancs at 1-30 complaining that our ball into the box last night was poor and rarely got past the first defender.

Its a pity he sent our best deliverer of a ball down to the English Riviera :( :(
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Sammy was on Radio Lancs at 1-30 complaining that our ball into the box last night was poor and rarely got past the first defender.

Its a pity he sent our best deliverer of a ball down to the English Riviera :( :(

I thought he was referring to our wing play not set pieces and corners.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:43 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Sammy was on Radio Lancs at 1-30 complaining that our ball into the box last night was poor and rarely got past the first defender.

He's the best whether the ball is dead or in play. Remember his cross for Dave Artell to score the last ever goal at Christie park ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
broadwayshrimp wrote:

He's the best whether the ball is dead or in play. Remember his cross for Dave Artell to score the last ever goal at Christie park ?

I do indeed but I don't regard Stanners as a player who gets to the bye line and supplies crosses into the box on a consistent basis.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:57 pm

I thought he was referring to our wing play not set pieces and corners.[/quote]

He's the best whether the ball is dead or in play. Remember his cross for Dave Artell to score the last ever goal at Christie park ?[/quote]

I do indeed but I don't regard Stanners as a player who gets to the bye line and supplies crosses into the box on a consistent basis.[/quote]

thats the problem , since Thommo we haven't had anyone with the pace to get past a defender and then deliver a good cross from the by-line. I thought Rundle may be the man but Sammy seems to have lost confidence in him.

Stanners is still by far the best dead ball crosser on our books and it usually looks like our best bet (and only bet !) to score a goal. Thats why he should be brought back here as soon as possible.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I thought he was referring to our wing play not set pieces and corners.

He's the best whether the ball is dead or in play. Remember his cross for Dave Artell to score the last ever goal at Christie park ?[/quote]

I do indeed but I don't regard Stanners as a player who gets to the bye line and supplies crosses into the box on a consistent basis.[/quote]

thats the problem , since Thommo we haven't had anyone with the pace to get past a defender and then deliver a good cross from the by-line. I thought Rundle may be the man but Sammy seems to have lost confidence in him.

Stanners is still by far the best dead ball crosser on our books and it usually looks like our best bet (and only bet !) to score a goal. Thats why he should be brought back here as soon as possible.[/quote]

Can't agree.....and anyhow his contract is up this summer and it would not have been extended.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I thought he was referring to our wing play not set pieces and corners.

Stanners is still by far the best dead ball crosser on our books and it usually looks like our best bet (and only bet !) to score a goal. Thats why he should be brought back here as soon as possible.[/quote]

Can't agree.....and anyhow his contract is up this summer and it would not have been extended.[/quote]

it was up last Summer and didn't look like being renewed and it was !

As I mentioned in another thread we have 8 games in February. If we get 12 points or more (and that means winning 3 out of the next 5 matches!) then Stanners can look forward to Spring on the English Riviera.

If we achieve something like 7 or less points then Sammy may realise that Brown and Hunter aren't up to the job and then recall him. For most of the season he was one of our most consistent players , perhaps one of the anoraks can find out the state of play on man of the match awards. I thought Brown had a really poor game last night.

Sammy isn't daft and he won't want to put our league status at jeopardy for the sake of re-instating a player.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Stanners is still by far the best dead ball crosser on our books and it usually looks like our best bet (and only bet !) to score a goal. Thats why he should be brought back here as soon as possible.

Cannot agree with that at all. Stanners has a poor scoring record. An average of 0.07 goals per game, taken from;

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=32444

Compare to Drummond who averages out at 0.16 goals per game. Which means Drummond will pop up with a goal every 6 and a bit games, Stanley comes in at over 14 games (if my maths are correct?). For me he should have come on more than he has in open play.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:

Cannot agree with that at all. Stanners has a poor scoring record. An average of 0.07 goals per game, taken from;

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=32444

Compare to Drummond who averages out at 0.16 goals per game. Which means Drummond will pop up with a goal every 6 and a bit games, Stanley comes in at over 14 games (if my maths are correct?). For me he should have come on more than he has in open play.

I wasn't referring to Stanners scoring record. I was referring to the number of goals scored from his corners and free-kicks.
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion