Money back ?

Money back ?

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:40 am

According to one poster on the Stevenage Forum reckons that the 86 who went to support the lads should get their money back for a poor performance from the lads in blue (on the day).

I'm not sure about that as I didn't go, but have we come to accept what others describe as 'poor' as 'good' by our standards?

Looking back over the last few seasons in the League, performances this season have falled well below what we once witnessed on a regular basis and therefore the norm these days is consistently below that of previous seasons.

Only my opinion and others will no doubt disagree...... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Money back ?

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:39 am

Why do you keep quoting the football forum on here as though what gets written on TFF is gospel? The quality of it has decreased rapidly over the last two seasons. I don't read it anymore, it comes across as a bunch of kids who don't go to games and don't really know what they are talking about..... actually I can see why it still attracts you.

Yesterday was really poor in the first half, and gradually got better in the second with the introduction of substitutes. There wasn't enough goalmouth action for us until the last 15 minutes, but as per usual we still had plenty of the ball and still could have had a goal at the end. Sammy's interview on the Bay pretty much sums up the game nicely (or not in actual fact). We need to start against Hereford how we finished against Stevenage. Sammy pretty much said that himself, I hope he realises that we only finished the way we did because of the subs he made. This will mean dropping Paul Mullin for some pace upfront and movement upfront. I'd start with both Jevons and Hendrie. Hendrie runs the channels well and seems to be a foil for how the rest of the team wants to play.

In general I don't think we played that well last season, we just ground out results inbetween one-off brilliant displays. This season we are playing much better on the ball in general, but just not creating enough chances to win games. I believe it is because our front men are too static, easy to mark, and hence defend against. I think this results in the crab-style midfield (plenty of ball, but nothing much happening in terms of going forward it past the half-way line) that we've become accustomed to. It's something Sammy needs to fix, because I still think we have the makings of a good squad that could do something this season.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:44 am

In terms of money back, if you had asked me after travelling 5 hours to find the SKY box "broken" in the Club Bar then after 10 minutes being 2 goals down you could have had a point.

The Burton Fans however do deserve some kind of recompense. Our near neighbours with the "Premier League" facility had an unplanned pitch inspection at 1.30p.m. before they called the game off :o

Apparently the covers were stolen on Wednesday night.

Police are looking for a short man in his mid to late 50s with silver/grey hair who speaks with a Southern accent....
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:45 am

RedRedWine wrote:Why do you keep quoting the football forum on here as though what gets written on TFF is gospel? The quality of it has decreased rapidly over the last two seasons. I don't read it anymore, it comes across as a bunch of kids who don't go to games and don't really know what they are talking about..... actually I can see why it still attracts you.

Yesterday was really poor in the first half, and gradually got better in the second with the introduction of substitutes. There wasn't enough goalmouth action for us until the last 15 minutes, but as per usual we still had plenty of the ball and still could have had a goal at the end. Sammy's interview on the Bay pretty much sums up the game nicely (or not in actual fact). We need to start against Hereford how we finished against Stevenage. Sammy pretty much said that himself, I hope he realises that we only finished the way we did because of the subs he made. This will mean dropping Paul Mullin for some pace upfront and movement upfront. I'd start with both Jevons and Hendrie. Hendrie runs the channels well and seems to be a foil for how the rest of the team wants to play.

In general I don't think we played that well last season, we just ground out results inbetween one-off brilliant displays. This season we are playing much better on the ball in general, but just not creating enough chances to win games. I believe it is because our front men are too static, easy to mark, and hence defend against. I think this results in the crab-style midfield (plenty of ball, but nothing much happening in terms of going forward it past the half-way line) that we've become accustomed to. It's something Sammy needs to fix, because I still think we have the makings of a good squad that could do something this season.

Quoted from the STEVENAGE forum!

Strikers can only score IF they get the service, so agree with you there.

Time for Hendrie to be given a full run out by the sounds of it. Sammy was exposed to first team football at 17 and he went on to become a pretty good player, albeit on a slightly bigger stage.

But, do you introduce SH away from The Globe with all the added pressures of an away game OR wait until the next home game?
Christies Child

Postby Enufznuf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Sharpening the knives again CC?

What did you think of the performance last week?

What did you think of the Performance against Shrewsbury?

What did you think of the performance against Stockport?

You are all too quick to stick the knife in as soon as you get an opportunity, but you dont praise when there is a good performance (you might slip the odd 'nod' in, but you never feel strongly enough to start a thread of praise). For whatever reason it seems you have a personal vendetta against the manager and it comes across as sad.

The football at Shrewsbury before the sending off was some of the best I have seen in the last three years, following on from Stockport.

Every season you and others call for Sammy's head. Every season Sammy takes us to a higher position and proves you wrong!

Try being balanced with your posts! Try supporting the team!

p.s. Spencer will be back in next Saturday. Why throw in an unproven kid?

See you at Hereford?
Enufznuf

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Enufznuf wrote:Sharpening the knives again CC?

You are all too quick to stick the knife in as soon as you get an opportunity, but you dont praise when there is a good performance (you might slip the odd 'nod' in, but you never feel strongly enough to start a thread of praise). For whatever reason it seems you have a personal vendetta against the manager and it comes across as sad.

The football at Shrewsbury before the sending off was some of the best I have seen in the last three years, following on from Stockport.

Every season you and others call for Sammy's head. Every season Sammy takes us to a higher position and proves you wrong!

See you at Hereford?

Wrong...Wrong...Wrong!

As for throwing Hendrie in.....Why not? Quite a few feel that it's time that our manager gave him a chance to prove what a number of us already feel from the odd 5 / 10 / 20 minutes that he's had so far.

It's our manager tactics that I question...NOT the man!

And will I be at Hereford? NO...but does that make me any less a supporter than those fortunate to be able to go? Because if it does, then the 1800 or so who don't go away are just as guilty!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 pm

The fact you still have many strong negative opinions when go to no away games actually does make you less of a fan and your opinions seem less valid by people when you've not witnessed the game.

The times I can not make away games (and I would go to every game if I had someone to go with), I rely on people like marky morecambes no1 fan for his views and opinions.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Enufznuf wrote:p.s. Spencer will be back in next Saturday. Why throw in an unproven kid?

See you at Hereford?

But Jimmy Spencer was an unproven kid until he was given a go in the side?

Personally, I think Mullin is on a one-way ticket to the knackers yard the way he has been playing recently. It just isn't working for him or us. We are trying to pass the ball around in midfield and he is stood static, not making runs and not really doing anything.

The ball gets played to him, he tries to head it back (he wasn't even a handful in the air yesterday). Back to square one, no ground made and momentum taken out of the attack. Jevons is not much better at this. If you do play a ball in behind the defence, Mullin can't retrieve it because he is too slow (I swear he was going backwards at one point during the match yesterday).

The fact that Mullin is static makes him easy to mark, easy to defend against, and squeezes the space for others to work in as no defenders are being dragged around by his movement. Even if Hendrie isn't ready, the fact that he makes runs and generally has lots of energy makes the space for others to work in.

Hendrie has probably played just under a half of first team football in about half a season, not nearly enough. I'm not sure how he will ever develop whilst being used so sparingly? Yet when he has played I think most people have felt that they'd like to see a bit more of him. I certainly have after his brief cameo displays against Torquay and Stevenage. I just hope he doesn't have one of those horrendous 'who gives you extra' brummie accents, Stanners one is bad enough.

Still hopefull that I'll get to Hereford on Tuesday.

SEASIDE!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:44 pm

MfcChris wrote:The times I can not make away games (and I would go to every game if I had someone to go with), I rely on people like marky morecambes no1 fan for his views and opinions.

:shock:

As fans we are all equal :!: My problem is that I feel supporters should support!

I don't think chanting "How wide to WE want the goals" went down very well yesterday with Jev. as he looked over the bar in disgust. (I did not join in B.T.W.)

I suppose it didn't help when Stanners shot went further away from goal than when he hit it.

I hope they take it with a pinch of salt as it was one of the more amusing moments to lighten up the afternoon.
marky No.1

Postby parkyboy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:34 pm

We should all know by now that CC critisizesmore than he praises
parkyboy

Postby Enufznuf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Enufznuf wrote:Sharpening the knives again CC?

See you at Hereford?

Wrong...Wrong...Wrong!

As for throwing Hendrie in.....Why not? Quite a few feel that it's time that our manager gave him a chance to prove what a number of us already feel from the odd 5 / 10 / 20 minutes that he's had so far.

And will I be at Hereford? NO...but does that make me any less a supporter than those fortunate to be able to go? Because if it does, then the 1800 or so who don't go away are just as guilty!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Missing the point totally. I suspect deliberately.

I am not stating that you are any less of a supporter by not going to away games at all. I was drawing a comparison that after a defeat yesterday you are having a dig (by requoting what could be anyone had posted on the oppositions website), but in contrast you didnt start a thread to say well done for the great performances at Stockport and Shrewsbury.

Show me any two threads that you have started this season praising a win or a performance. I can show ten where you are having a dig.

The tactics of the man who got us into fourth place last season? You just like the sound of your own voice! :lol:
Enufznuf

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:50 pm

What comes across to me with Christie's Child is a man who wakes up on a dismal Sunday morning in January in Storth, has a coffee, reads the Sunday papers, thinks about what to do with his day, then goes on Shrimpsvoices and to amuse himself thinks up "interesting and controversial" things to say which he knows will get a reaction, then by the end of Sunday he feels reasonably happy with himself and his day, and then watches a bit of telly before retiring to his slumber.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:06 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:What comes across to me with Christie's Child is a man who wakes up on a dismal Sunday morning in January in Storth, has a coffee, reads the Sunday papers, thinks about what to do with his day, then goes on Shrimpsvoices and to amuse himself thinks up "interesting and controversial" things to say which he knows will get a reaction, then by the end of Sunday he feels reasonably happy with himself and his day, and then watches a bit of telly before retiring to his slumber.

Ouch..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Christies Child wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:What comes across to me with Christie's Child is a man who wakes up on a dismal Sunday morning in January in Storth, has a coffee, reads the Sunday papers, thinks about what to do with his day, then goes on Shrimpsvoices and to amuse himself thinks up "interesting and controversial" things to say which he knows will get a reaction, then by the end of Sunday he feels reasonably happy with himself and his day, and then watches a bit of telly before retiring to his slumber.

Ouch..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .

haha,thats what i like to see..take it on the chin like a man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Wrong...Wrong...Wrong!

:evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

Missing the point totally. I suspect deliberately.

I am not stating that you are any less of a supporter by not going to away games at all. I was drawing a comparison that after a defeat yesterday you are having a dig (by requoting what could be anyone had posted on the oppositions website), but in contrast you didnt start a thread to say well done for the great performances at Stockport and Shrewsbury.

Show me any two threads that you have started this season praising a win or a performance. I can show ten where you are having a dig.

The tactics of the man who got us into fourth place last season? You just like the sound of your own voice! :lol:[/quote]

It's this season that matters NOT what's gone on before!

No question in my mind that we've got the best squad ever, so why do we continue to underachieve?
Christies Child

Postby Enufznuf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:37 pm

Missing the key point again CC! (at least in public) :lol:

Sending me PMs is not playing fair!

I challenge you to repeat on here word for word what you sent in the PM. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Enufznuf

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Enufznuf wrote:Missing the key point again CC! (at least in public) :lol:

I challenge you to repeat on here word for word what you sent in the PM. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Are you CC in disguise, looks like you have something in your eye?

CC has this problem :lol:
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Enufznuf wrote:I challenge you to repeat on here word for word what you sent in the PM. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Surely that would remove the need for a P.M. in the 1st place.

As much as we would all like to see a list of all of them I think the board would explode afterwards :lol:

Message board that is 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Enufznuf wrote:Missing the key point again CC! (at least in public) :lol:

Disable PMs in your profile then there's no choice but to make a message public if they've really got the balls to say it. Worked for me ;)
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Enufznuf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:35 am

Christies Child wrote:
Wrong...Wrong...Wrong!

So what is Plan B CC?

You have been quiet on this subject since Tuesday :lol:
Enufznuf

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:20 am

Enufznuf wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
Wrong...Wrong...Wrong!

So what is Plan B CC?You have been quiet on this subject since Tuesday :lol:

Plan B didn't work.....now looking at Plan Z and still struggling... :?
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion