Forget the play offs !!

Forget the play offs !!

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 pm

We need to forget about play offs this year im afraid...much to inconsistent and with three teams below us all picking up points and improving we are in a relegation dog fight without question.... saturday against macclesfield is a must win in my opinion
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Forget the play offs !!

Postby Duffman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Macclesfield have only won once in their last 8 and got thumped tonight 4-1 by Southend. Should be 3 points on Saturday.
Duffman

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Didn't expect us to make the play offs anyway mid-table - top half finish is going to be about as good as it get for us this season.
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Duffman wrote:Macclesfield have only won once in their last 8 and got thumped tonight 4-1 by Southend. Should be 3 points on Saturday.

Should being the key word there.
Sammy h

Postby alwaysright » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 pm

So you think there is no chance of us being relegated then ???
alwaysright

Postby marky » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:38 pm

We won't be relegated, that I do believe. Whilst our best ever squad is underperforming spectacularly, they are more than capable of picking up enough points to stay safe. However, lose to Macclesfield and the manager should pay with his job.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 pm

there is a chance of relegation till we get another twenty or so points ..... personally i think stockport will go along with one of about another ten teams and i include ourselves in that
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:55 pm

mid table mediocre finish is on the horizon, with more 1600 gates, so what can these type of numbers expect to be served up :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 am

Not a cat in hell's chance of Play Off's, but, we're not going down either. Definitely not (I still stand by my early season prediction of Lincoln and Stockport to go down ;) )

Mid table. And, to be honest, I can't wait to see the back of this season ....... fed up of it. And I never thought I'd hear myself say that.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:27 am

The whole season has been a cock-up.

From when we had to cancel our pre season friendlies because the ground wasn't ready it just seems to have continued in such a dismal way with lots of poor results and only a few bright spots like the 3 wins in a row.

We need 20 points from 21 games to be safe which should be within even this team's compass.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:31 am

You're right Heysham. I remember though immediately after the Coventry win in that first match at The Globe, I had a feeling it was going to be a great season.

Just gone downhill since though, and whilst I will never comment about games I haven't been to (last night for example), I'm not overly inspired about going on Saturday to be honest.

Having said that, I'm a Morecambe supporter through and through and WILL be there without a doubt, cheering the lads on.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 am

I have never once thought about the playoffs I keep looking down the table instead of up it.

Now Duffy has gone I think we are in for a long hard run into the end of the season as the goals will dry up.

I don't think we will go down we will get the odd win by scoring from set pieces but the football will be uninspiring.

I expect us to be sucked in a bit towards the relegation fight but ending up about 19/20th.

Like I said on another post I can see us getting one of these uninspiring wins on Saturday a scrapy 1v0, our pattern this season seems to be to loose a couple and then when things are looking really bad we get a win to pull us/Sammy out of it.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion