Latest From Sammy Ahead Of Shrewsbury

Re: Latest From Sammy Ahead Of Shrewsbury

Postby Duffman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:02 am

Just listened to the Bay interview, very disappointed that Sammy has criticised fans not going to away games, does he expect all 2000 fans to go to every game? :?

This highlights my point, interviewer talks about the mixed start to the season, Sammy agrees and refers to the Accy game where he feels we deserved a point and then going on to Stockport and picking up 3 points (this is positive and shows we're going into the right direction). He then discusses the lack of back-to-back wins and how we've been blowing hot and cold (which I think we can all agree with, seems to be the case this season). He then goes on to talk about how the players have been working hard over the winter despite not having games (again, good to hear) but he then shoots himself in the foot by having a random pop at the fans and gets quite defensive.

No need for it and he'll pee off the fans who weren't criticising him in the first place.
Duffman

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:36 am

I've got to say Duffman, you've got some chirp for a fan who couldn't make our last two performances. What was it you said upon deciding not to go to Stockport??? Say goodbye to Sammy for me???

I'll be at Shrewsbury tomorrow to give the lads and the management the support they deserve.

SEASIDE!!!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:28 am

RedRedWine wrote:I've got to say Duffman, you've got some chirp for a fan who couldn't make our last two performances. What was it you said upon deciding not to go to Stockport??? Say goodbye to Sammy for me???

I'll be at Shrewsbury tomorrow to give the lads and the management the support they deserve.

SEASIDE!!!!!

and if it doesn't happen and Duffman is proven correct then what ?

i think SM will keep us up but all said and done the guy does not learn off HIS mistakes and he also needs to keep off reading shrimpsvoices and know better than digging himself deeper and going back on the offensive at fans! at every opportunity
George Dawes

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:53 am

and going back to a previous comments so where does SM get his feedback from ??

well certainly if he comes to work training the players they wont say much to him and also at the globe will any of the club management or directors or ground staff say anything to him about formations tactics etc on a daily basis?

nor i think will any Morecambe fans go on the radio and say jack schmitt to him so just leaving shrimpsvoices to him where does he get his feedback from it's every other week from now on he's having a pop?
George Dawes

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 am

As i have said before Duffman dont expect to criticize and not be able to take it when it is given back
parkyboy

Postby Duffman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:37 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I've got to say Duffman, you've got some chirp for a fan who couldn't make our last two performances. What was it you said upon deciding not to go to Stockport??? Say goodbye to Sammy for me???

SEASIDE!!!!!

:lol: thanks pal.

Firstly the comment about saying goodbye was tongue in cheek, for the record I don't want a managerial change during the season. Sammy deserves to be given time and the January transfer window to turn things round and get some consistency. We could very easily finish in the top half which would be a good season. But you're missing the point this isn't whether I'm pro or anti Sammy, I'm pointing out the people who listen to the Bay or locals who look at the BBC Sport site (which I believe gets a few hits) who don't go to every game or keep up to date with the latest going ons, will make up their own negative assumptions.

Agree to disagree I think.
Duffman

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Duffman wrote:We could very easily finish in the top half which would be a good season.

When was the last time we finished in the bottom half of a table? :o
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Previous

Return to General Discussion