news on Keiran Charnock

news on Keiran Charnock

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 pm

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: news on Keiran Charnock

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Good news! He really makes us a much more solid outfit at the back! :D

Now for Donelly!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Great news if true.
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Apart from letting Stanley take the points and the local bragging rights on New Years Day, the start to the New Year hasn't been too bad. Good news about Charnock. Now let's see what other new players are in-line to join our club.

Not sure that we should even contemplate paying (a reported :?: )£50K for a striker who hasn't figured in his current clubs first team.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:Apart from letting Stanley take the points and the local bragging rights on New Years Day, the start to the New Year hasn't been too bad. Good news about Charnock. Now let's see what other new players are in-line to join our club.

Not sure that we should even contemplate paying (a reported :?: )£50K for a striker who hasn't figured in his current clubs first team.

I thought you were a fan of Georgey porgey?
Sammy h

Postby John L » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:22 pm

John L

Postby Sammy h » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

John L wrote:http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2259163,00.html
Also has news on Brown and Capaldi.

Brilliant news about Brown. If Capaldi does go I hope we bring in a left back so we can play Laurence Wilson where he should be playing. LEFT MIDFIELD!
Sammy h

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Excellent news! Been looking good other than giving away that pen v Accy. Good Scott Brown is staying too, been very impressed with him since he joined. Hope Sammy keeps Laurence on left mid. By the way how was Charnock v Stockport?
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby james456 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Great news.

We do have 6 senior centre backs at the club now so I think one should perhaps leave (Haning might go?) so we can bring in a right back. Then Capaldi may or may not need replacing at left back. Add a striker and that would be adequate.
james456

Postby Duffman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Bentley - Always reliable, solid performer, still has it at this level
Parrish - One of the best players this season, constantly improving
Haining - Outstanding player last season, far too good to League 2, something has gone on and is no where to be seen this season
McCready - Although he has joined a team with no consistent system playing poorly, I have been encouraged with his performances

Add to this Paul "I'm not a right-back" Scott and I think we're more than covered for centre-backs. The balance of the squad is poor and this is why we will struggle. If Capaldi goes we will have 1 left back and no fit proper right back (I'm not including Hunter who for me is a ball winning midfielder). I'm a big fan of Charnock and have been very impressed with him but I do wonder if simply having 2 centre backs playing consistently together would improve things defensively.
Duffman

Postby Ntini » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 am

Duffman wrote: I'm a big fan of Charnock and have been very impressed with him but I do wonder if simply having 2 centre backs playing consistently together would improve things defensively.

I think this sums it up perfectly. Nobody thinks that Jim Bentley and Dave Artell were the best centre backs in League two, but when they played regularly together they played with confidence and understanding and did a very good job. We've moved on and now have Charnock (good news that we're signing him in my book) and McCready. If they can stay injury free and have a good run in the team, I can't see the others at the club ousting them, which is what you want.

All the best teams have good, solid partnerships. Consistency works. Be it central defenders, central midfielders or strike partners. The more they play together, the better they know each other and the more likely that they play with confidence. I think it's time to play with a settled side that we stick to week in, week out and see how we do.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby parceldave » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 am

Sammy h wrote:
John L wrote:http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2259163,00.html

Brilliant news about Brown. If Capaldi does go I hope we bring in a left back so we can play Laurence Wilson where he should be playing. LEFT MIDFIELD![/quote

I see you are obsessed with Wilson as a left midfielder, if you go back to last season when he was eventually played in his proper position as Left -Back, and was allowed to play as a left back should and went on some amazing runs and scored a great goal . Now he vary rarely goes past the half way line because we keep playing different formations every week and the players dont know their arse from their elbow. :o
parceldave

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:07 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/0,,10445~2258538,00.html

Just out of interest, I wonder why a lot of our transfer fees seem to be "undisclosed" ?

Truly fantastic news though to get Keiron signed up. Has impressed so far.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Lloydie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:45 am

So is Wilson's move to PNE off?
Lloydie

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 am

Lloydie wrote:So is Wilson's move to PNE off?

Was it ever on ??!! What's happened to that new SV user who was constantly going on about that "move" ??!! (The one who was suspected might be an agent)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Ntini » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:What's happened to that new SV user who was constantly going on about that "move" ??!! (The one who was suspected might be an agent)

I believe he's recovering in hospital after having his head surgically removed from Lawrence's backside! :D
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Ntini wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:What's happened to that new SV user who was constantly going on about that "move" ??!! (The one who was suspected might be an agent)

I believe he's recovering in hospital after having his head surgically removed from Lawrence's backside! :D

That would make him Kennomeat! Come to thnk of it Christie's absence may involve Kattomeat :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Keiran Charnock has now signed an 18 month contract with us according to Radio Lancs :D
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm

parceldave wrote:
Sammy h wrote:

Brilliant news about Brown. If Capaldi does go I hope we bring in a left back so we can play Laurence Wilson where he should be playing. LEFT MIDFIELD![/quote

I see you are obsessed with Wilson as a left midfielder, if you go back to last season when he was eventually played in his proper position as Left -Back, and was allowed to play as a left back should and went on some amazing runs and scored a great goal . Now he vary rarely goes past the half way line because we keep playing different formations every week and the players dont know their arse from their elbow. :o

Were you at the Stockport game?

Have you seen Wilson tackle? :lol: He is one of the best dribblers at this club and one of the fastest. Everytime he gets the ball he looks dangerous. We cannot waste that at left back.

It is exactly the same situation as Gareth Bale. I will be VERY surprised if Sammy does not play him left midfield on Saturday.
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:38 pm

For me, far too many goals have come as a result of poor positional play from Willow who isn't the best tackler by any means. However going forward....WOW!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:39 pm

No wasn't at Sockport i was so busy in Finland ;) but i was at plenty of games last season when as you ask have i seen him dribble , yep all the way from his Left Back position to the goals at the other end . But like i said we have played so many different ways this season nobody can settle in any position apart from Roachy , so dont be surprised if there are changes made on Saturday young man. ;)
parceldave

Postby Sammy h » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:42 pm

parceldave wrote:No wasn't at Sockport i was so busy in Finland ;) but i was at plenty of games last season when as you ask have i seen him dribble , yep all the way from his Left Back position to the goals at the other end . But like i said we have played so many different ways this season nobody can settle in any position apart from Roachy , so dont be surprised if there are changes made on Saturday young man. ;)

If he is not left midfield on Saturday Mcilroy needs sacking. Anyone with half a brain should be able to realise that him and Duffy can make things happen!
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Sammy h wrote:
parceldave wrote:No wasn't at Sockport i was so busy in Finland ;) but i was at plenty of games last season when as you ask have i seen him dribble , yep all the way from his Left Back position to the goals at the other end . But like i said we have played so many different ways this season nobody can settle in any position apart from Roachy , so dont be surprised if there are changes made on Saturday young man. ;)

If he is not left midfield on Saturday Mcilroy needs sacking. Anyone with half a brain should be able to realise that him and Duffy can make things happen!

i cant see SM moving Wilson back to left back now unless Capaldi as moved on last i heard he was off to Aberdeen?
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Sammy h wrote:

We just need a decent striker to finish off the creativity of those players . ;)
parceldave

Return to General Discussion