Stockport 0-2 Morecambe FT

Re: Stockport 0-2 Morecambe FT

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:53 am

next weekends game away at Shrewsbury will be the real test to see if we've turned the corner and have it in us to climb to safety
George Dawes

Postby Ntini » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:14 am

DawZi wrote:next weekends game away at Shrewsbury will be the real test to see if we've turned the corner and have it in us to climb to safety

I completely agree. Hopefully we'll be able to play the same shape (fitness, injuries and contracts permitting) to see if we can gain a bit of confidence and consistency and push on.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ezz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:31 am

RedRedWine wrote:Off the top of my head we've won 6 league games, 3 home and 3 away. 2 of those games were against Stockport possibly the worst side home and away that I've seen in this division. Our most impressive win IMO was at home to Shrewsbury who we battered and were lucky to not lose by 3 or 4. The Shrews have been traditionally poor travellers for almost as long as we have. I'm struggling to understand your logic.

My logic is that we haven't won a game yet that I've expected or thought we'd win before hand. How was shrewsbury a game we thought we'd win...even at home?
Stockport may be poor but they were still above us before the game started and we were playing away its not like our away record is great is it.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Town centre was a bit rough. We were pointed to a pub by a local, but as a lady walked past she said "ooh don't go in there!" :lol:

They even had a cardboard cut out security man in one shop :o
sportb&m.JPG

One or two scarves made the trip
sportscarves.JPG

Their scoreboard did look particulary good. We need ours to look like this more often.
sportscoreboard.JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Simpson's inability to beat us has cost him his job.

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/Lat ... 47,00.html
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:42 pm

How many Managers have left their Clubs now, in the days after we have beaten them?
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Simpson's inability to beat us has cost him his job.

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/Lat ... 47,00.html

How many managers is that now, that have been sacked after playing, and losing to, us :?:

:lol: :lol:

Poor Jake will be going to yet another club soon :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:49 pm

morecambe mick wrote:How many managers is that now, that have been sacked after playing, and losing to, us :?:

:lol: :lol:

Poor Jake will be going to yet another club soon :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you deaf? :lol: :lol:

marky No.1 wrote:How many Managers have left their Clubs now, in the days after we have beaten them?
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:50 pm

What?
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:52 pm

morecambe mick wrote:What?

Scroll up Mick, scroll up. We both asked the same question in the space of 2 minutes. I shall put it down to great minds think alike ;)
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:53 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:What?

Scroll up Mick, scroll up. We both asked the same question in the space of 2 minutes. I shall put it down to great minds think alike ;)

Problem is Mark....... so do stupid ones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm

some twit in our bit persisted in blowing a whistle AND DID NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS COULD BE MISINTERPRETED BY THE PLAYERS,aTTEMPTS TO TELL THEM ABOUT IT JUST MET COMPLETE APATHY.sOME PEOPLE
scalehallshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Surprised the stewards didn't follow up on that one. They were more interested in stand-up sit down and aeroplane spotting
marky No.1

Postby Morectalk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Who was the knob with the whistle? I thought the stewards would have dealt with that quite swiftly.
Morectalk

Postby Sharpy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:33 am

Paul bloody Muggins doesn't start, we win. Paul bloody Muggins does start, we are shite up front. get the slow tart shipped out and we will start scoring at will when we play it on the deck instead of hoofing it towards that feckless flick on lover. We are useless playing with a target man, we have always played without them.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Morectalk » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Sharpy wrote:Paul bloody Muggins doesn't start, we win. Paul bloody Muggins does start, we are shite up front. get the slow tart shipped out and we will start scoring at will when we play it on the deck instead of hoofing it towards that feckless flick on lover. We are useless playing with a target man, we have always played without them.

That's a bit rough isn't it? He is a certain type of player who does a job of being a target man. As a target man flick-ons are what he does, but I don't remember too many complaining, for instance, at Bradford when he scored the winner. Unfortunately, having a player like a Mullin or a Peter Crouch means you have to play a certain way, but we play him on his own up front. Last season his flick-ons set up a rake of Jevons shots on goal. Granted he is slow & not the type of player we need to take the club forward, but I wouldn't call him feckless as he has done a job for us in the past. The way we played at Stockport shows that maybe it his time is up, but the manager dictates who plays & the way we play, so I think you are out of order.
Morectalk

Postby shrimper » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:18 pm

I like Mullin as an individual and I think he works hard, is good in the air (though not as good as he might be in a goalscoring sense), holds the ball up well and lays it off intelligently.

I just think some of our players tend to look at the punt upfield as the first option when he plays - and because it's a long ball, there's usually no-one from midfield in a position to support.

When he's not there, players like Hunter and Wilson tend to use the space in front of them more. That way we play better football and our midfielders get up to support the front men more.

Not saying he can't be in the side, just that if he is, our other players need to continue to play their normal game instead of being tempted into hoofing it so frequently.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby MfcChris » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:47 pm

IMO the defence should always remain consistant, particular the CB's and the midfielders and strikers should change depending who you are playing. Going to places like Stevenage you know they are going to be strong, determined and rough, so you can't try and play nice flowing attacking football. People moan about changing tactics and players, particularly Mullin, too much. There is no plug and play tactic.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Previous

Return to General Discussion