o/t Head Butt Tonight

o/t Head Butt Tonight

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Don't care but what was Zabaletta supposed to do?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: o/t Head Butt Tonight

Postby Duffman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Fall to the ground and roll around for 5 minutes! He's been punished for staying on his feet in my opinion, terrible decision.
Duffman

Postby jonnythedog » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Walk away. No need to get involved in my opinion.
jonnythedog

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:14 pm

jonnythedog wrote:Walk away?

Yeah watching it on the telly that sounds w good scheme, but in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline flowing and 60000 people roaring behind you, now that's a different thing. I play snooker, pool, bowls and tiddleywinks nowadays but if my opponent came over with his head like that!@! Unless he played for Smokeys of course :lol:

As duffman says, roll around like the rest of them and it works in your favour
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby jonnythedog » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:22 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

Yeah watching it on the telly that sounds w good scheme, but in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline flowing and 60000 people roaring behind you, now that's a different thing. I play snooker, pool, bowls and tiddleywinks nowadays but if my opponent came over with his head like that!@! Unless he played for Smokes of course :lol:

Yeah good point, it's easier said than done. I've played rugby for 10 years but as I'm only 5 foot 7 I've always found that the best option is to apologize profusely and await the cavalry. :lol:
jonnythedog

Postby Ntini » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 am

jonnythedog wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

Yeah watching it on the telly that sounds w good scheme, but in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline flowing and 60000 people roaring behind you, now that's a different thing. I play snooker, pool, bowls and tiddleywinks nowadays but if my opponent came over with his head like that!@! Unless he played for Smokes of course :lol:

Yeah good point, it's easier said than done. I've played rugby for 10 years but as I'm only 5 foot 7 I've always found that the best option is to apologize profusely and await the cavalry. :lol:

Ha! Brilliant.

Not quite what our beloved Harry Gunter used to do. He didn't mind standing up to the roughies of League Two, knowing big Jim would be right behind him!

As for the ref, just goes to show that he musn't have seen it properly. But then again he consulted with his linesman (who was the closest to the incident) who agreed with him. So where does the blame lie? I also thought the ref had had as good game up until then!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby shrimper » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:09 pm

jonnythedog wrote:Walk away. No need to get involved in my opinion.

Precisely. Instead of the macho posturing, if Zabaletta had merely backed off when confronted by Sagna's stag-rutting then only one of them would have been dismissed.

As it was, even though the Arsenal man was the main offender, they'd both squared up and put their heads together like big kids in front of a worldwide audience. Ref had no choice.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion