o/t Driver Fined For Flashing His Headlights

o/t Driver Fined For Flashing His Headlights

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Although he was warning oncoming drivers about an active speed camera

Accusing the police officer of acting like Judge Dread.probably didn't help his cause :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: o/t Driver Fined For Flashing His Headlights

Postby captain sparkle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:29 pm

It's always been the case!!
You just have to be discreet!

The other day a police car flashed his lights and beckoned me to come out of a junction,
figure that one out!!
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:43 pm

should have said they just flashed and waved at me so i just flashed and waved back just pure coincidence me old cock sparrow

and sooner the better when these cut backs hit the police force to hopefully make redundant these petty police traffic jobs when theres seriously more important crime to tackle! :
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:27 pm

I agree Dawzi, there is a LOT more important crime to tackle.

Whilst we're on this subject though, I wish the coppers would do something about all those to$$pots who persistently drive with their effing foglights on ....................

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:30 pm

More serious crimes; like drivers travelling @ 40 in a 30 zone that knocks down kids?

Seasider as a parent I'm surprised at your reaction. :(
morecambe mick

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:48 pm

I think you have misinterpreted my post Mick. I didn’t mean in anyway shape or form that motoring offences were a waste of time mate. Of COURSE drivers doing 40 in a 30 should be clamped down on, without any shadow of doubt.

Along with all the drivers too who think they can jump Red Traffic Lights and race them. I see drivers jumping red lights when the green man is on and flashing for pedestrians and sometimes it makes me cringe thinking what could happen.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:51 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I think you have misinterpreted my post Mick. I didn’t mean in anyway shape or form that motoring offences were a waste of time mate. Of COURSE drivers doing 40 in a 30 should be clamped down on, without any shadow of doubt.

Along with all the drivers too who think they can jump Red Traffic Lights and race them. I see drivers jumping red lights when the green man is on and flashing for pedestrians and sometimes it makes me cringe thinking what could happen.

Like I said I was surprised, obviously I did misinterprete your words.
morecambe mick

Postby Freez » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Don't know much about the law, but surely you cannot pervert the course of justice if no offence has been committed? The police cannot prove the motorists approaching were speeding, even before this gent flashed them, it is pure conjecture not fact, a decent brief would have got this guy off and the police laughed out of court? Or am I wrong?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:58 pm

I heard a dj on Rock FM a couple of years ago allude to a mobile speed camera in a certain place and was sacked. Sorry, moved to widen his horizons!
morecambe mick

Postby Heysham_red » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 am

Freez wrote:Don't know much about the law, but surely you cannot pervert the course of justice if no offence has been committed? The police cannot prove the motorists approaching were speeding, even before this gent flashed them, it is pure conjecture not fact, a decent brief would have got this guy off and the police laughed out of court? Or am I wrong?

That's very interesting and I have no doubt that a good lawyer could ague that case. However, although we know in this case that it was in fact a speed camera, how does the driving doing the "flashing" know that that is their priority. I mean they could be waiting for any criminal to come past and the flashing has inadvertently told said criminal that there is police ahead and have decided to take an alternative route.
Heysham_red

Postby Freez » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Fair comment, however they were holding a speed gun in this case which kind of avoids that scenario!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Freez wrote:Fair comment, however they were holding a speed gun in this case which kind of avoids that scenario!

Not if they were short of trained firearm officers and were hoping to fool the criminal into thinking it was a real gun :!: :lol:

I remember a story a few years back where a member of the public sick of cars speeding on their road stood a mannequin in their garden holding a hairdryer - fooled allot of drivers.

Mannequin was taking to court for impersonating a police officer, I think there may have been a copy of a toys r us brochure in the back pocket :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judge threw the dummy out, closely followed by the mannequin!! :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion