O/T I just want some respect

Re: O/T I just want some respect

Postby Phoenix » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:14 am

In return for a fairly large sum of money but less than a year's benefit they'll remove the obstacles to get them to work. E.g. "We've got a job in Garstang for you". "I've got no car". "It's OK well drive you". "Yeah but it says I need a basic qualification". "It's OK we've enrolled you on a course, you start on Monday". Etc until they take a job.

Such agencies exist in high unemployment areas and I've worked with one down south. If you need a suit for an interview, they give you a voucher to buy one at the local tailors. You didn't go to an interview becuase you didn't want to stand at the bus stop in the rain, they give you an umbrella. You have no transport to a local job, they give you a bike. They even bought a taxi driver whose car was off the road a second hand car and licensed it as a taxi because that was cheaper than paying him benefit for 3 months. All the staff are highly motiviated and their one aim is to get you a job. The sooner that model is applied around the UK the better.

Good luck Neil.
Phoenix

Previous

Return to General Discussion