Morecambe 1 Accrington 2 McCready

Re: Morecambe 1 Accrington 2 McCready

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:09 am

Crooky MFC wrote:We go and beat a Port Vale side top of the league by playing football on the deck, then go play Accrington Stanley and hoof the ball up towards Paul Mullin, who for me how now sadly passed it. Sammy goes on about his work rate for the team etc etc, but on more than one occasion today he didn't look interested.

New striker needed. Spencer has a great touch and puts a shift in, but we need a prolific goalscorer alongside Jevons.

Coley sussed that one out within the first 15. Unfortunately we didn't have any alternative game plan. With Mullin it's the same old..same old.. game after game. No plan B, C, D, E etc etc etc.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:28 am

Funny thing is when Mullin was at Stanley he was lethal and deadly around and inside the box

Since he's come here he's expected to get his wide parting on every hoof ball going and i'd always question playing him against a side he loves and holds dear to his heart as well as the obvious that they all know exactly what his next move is, Might aswell send him back to become a WHOLE player once more instead the half he's been turned into.
HALMA 1983

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:36 am

Didn't really get behind Accrington's defence. Mullin was very poor, he never chased after anything and he completely wasted a perfect chance to set Spencer up. Once again, the MBW stand vocals were poor. A 5 year old kid and his dad who were sitting behind me were making more noise. There second goal took a deflection which took it over Roche. The fairest result would probably of been a draw. The referee wasn't strict enough and let there players get away with some nasty stuff.
Little Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 am

Yesterday was just one big cock up. Charnock should never have lunged in for that tackle, it wasn't needed.
I thought Drummy looked out of sorts - hardly any of his passes went where they were supposed to.
In fairness Sammy made the changes at the right time, but why put Duffy playing off the striker when he cant hit a barn door with a banjo?
I think the answer to our prayers is to keep Mullin in the team BUT (before you all bite my head off) Play it along the wings and cross balls in for him to get his head on. Rundle and Duffy can both put decent ball into the box, and Mullin can finish them aswell. IT all seems too simple doesnt it?

By the way, why does Sammy insist on not playing Rundle, i thought he looked decent and was willing to have a run at people? Fallen out maybe?
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:43 am

Thought Rundle looked class against Coventry but he seems to have faded now.
Little Shrimp

Postby kennoshrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am

what game was you watching? Our best player was wilson. Was our most productive. Faded away second half but never got any service. Jimmy spencer came into the game second half. Stanley was awful, don't even get me started on charnock. Why we play such a negative formation too? Sammy needs to sort it out quick or the club needs to sort sammy out before we're in a proper relegation battle.
kennoshrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:17 pm

kennoshrimp wrote:...before we're in a proper relegation battle.

BEFORE???

I think the sooner everyone recognises that we're already in a relegation battle, the better chance we have of staying up. The longer we complacently believe we're 'too good to go down', the bigger the risk that we will. We're fortunate that the league is so tight this season that we could yet salvage something from it but right now, we're in that relegation fight, make no mistake. If Fairclough can turn Barnet around again, as he has a history of doing, then we are really struggling.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:25 pm

that was a 6 pointer we lost yesterday and we have another tomorrow against another struggling side we must win!
George Dawes

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 pm

We are deep in the relegation battle this season because we seem to go out to not lose (like yesterday) then end up conceeding late goals. Yesterday if had had some width early in the second half and taken mullin off the game was there to win, but as usual substitutes only get a few minutes to do something dramatic.. and they never do!! So annoying we have some great players but for some reason they are played in the wrong positios or not played at all. What was the point of three wingers on the bench and none on the pitch! Bentley back in defence, Parrish at right back push hunter further up the field (harder for him to turn back towards his own goal there) at least his hard work can then be done in the opponents part of the field! Cheerio mullin to lancaster (if they will have him) eleven men on the pitch working together might just work!! Otherwise back to the conference where we would never return to the promised lands
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote: where we would never return to the promised lands

There's a supermarket there, you could buy a turnip I suppose
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:38 pm

New year same old story, i read a article a while back that said there was no such thing as a bogey team just a side that you have bad luck against, well call it what you want bad luck, jinx, bogey side, whatever they are all of that to us.

We didn't deserve to win but then again neither did they, this time we lost with a mixture of football suicide and bad luck, Charnock dived in when he didn't need to and gifted them a penalty then Ryan scores the winner with a deflected shot, just typical.

If you took Ryan out of their side they would be nothing, i will be surprised if somebody doesn't come in for him in this transfer window.

We need someone like him to drive the team forward, also another forward, if we don't then we might not be playing league football next season.
steve mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion