Our club information page

Our club information page

Postby parkyboy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:16 pm

There have been quite a lot of concern from memders of shrimps voices that we do not get enough feedback from the club on relevant sections of the club. I totally agree with them as the following facts show .
S HRIMPS SCENE last entry 08/10/2010
MEDIA TALK 05/09/2010
CAPTAINS BLOG 14/10/2009
BOARDROOM 29/08/2010
BEHIND THE NEWS O5/08/2008
ONE GAME ONE COMMUNITY 20/10/2010

Not impressive , any one any ideas how the club can improve communication of all club news
parkyboy

Re: Our club information page

Postby Posh » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:44 pm

The website was setup nearly three years ago and was a pain in the arse to get up and running. At the time I did the majority of the technical stuff, including setting up sections and copying content over and Quinny added new content. Since then Quinny continues to add the core news articles. However both Quinny and I have full-time jobs.

It's down to the club how it manages the site and there are plenty of ways people involved with the club could access or send it to someone else to add. The problem is that we've gone from a largely volunteers based club to a more commercial enterprise with a lot of paid staff. As a result I doubt the club can rely or expect volunteers to undertake that work. So the club then has to decide how paid staff should best spend their time and how important is it to update minor areas of the club website? In my view we could have found away in the old days to struggle through and have something good but a little Phoenix Nights. The club though are finding solutions as they go along and I notice there has been a concerted effort to remove and add new sections to the site. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby MfcChris » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:30 pm

And we never get Morecambe Player interviews any more. Only when we win, hence we got loads when we wasted Stockport. Nothing since then. Don't know why I got it.

PS: Why on BBC reports is there always the opposition manager thoughts in text format, and never Sammy?!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby bigreddog » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:34 pm

MfcChris wrote:PS: Why on BBC reports is there always the opposition manager thoughts in text format, and never Sammy?!

Now there's a question. and the radio interview links are always the other team, surely in the interests of fairness they should include the radio lancs interview as well, or do we not count as licence payers this far north?
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby parkyboy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks Posh foryour sensible answer to my query .
parkyboy

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 am

With reference to the above two posters; I think the main problem is how our games are covered by Radio Lancashire and our location within that catchment area. It is quite a large broadcast area that covers quite a few, dare I say, more traditional league sides. Throw into the mix that an independent radio station (The Bay) covers the shrimps in decent enough detail it is easy to see why Radio Burnley don't both sending many reporters to badger the management for a post game chin wag, which then might be put on the BBC website if some media placement student fool can be arsed putting it on the website. I've always maintained that the catchment area for Radio Lancs is far too big, there should be a BBC South Lakes/North Lancs station, but I suppose that's why the Bay exists to the extent that it does in the first place.
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion