League 2 and grateful......

League 2 and grateful......

Postby Howe Magic » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm

I admit we have not maybe made the start to the season that we all wanted but to be honest just been in league 2 for me is a privaledge,its only a few years ago i was watching the shrimps lose at Leek 7-0 and Gravesend 6-0 (god knows what the moaners on this board would have thought of them performances..... Since been in league 2 we have never looked like losing six or seven nil with our worst defeat been 4-0 to Grimsby last season - please please everybody get behind the team in every game even if we go behind (i for one cant stand people who boo there own team and never understood how booing a team makes them play better) Here is just a few scores that make this league so so tough and very hard to predict results...... Macclesfield 0 Darlington 6 then the week after Macclesfield 2 Luton 1 Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0 then the week after Shrewsbury 7 Gillingham 0 Aldershot 2 Bradford 1 then the week after Bradford 4 Exeter 1 SO THIS IS A MESSAGE TO EVERY SINGLE FAN WHO GOES THROUGH THE TURNSTILES AT CHRISTIE PARK PLEASE GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND KEEP THE FAITH EVEN WHEN THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS PERFECT
Howe Magic

Re: League 2 and grateful......

Postby My mates Ed » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Here, here. The season is always a rollercoaster ride with hopefully more highs than lows, but if we all shout our support together and keep encouraging the lads then the only way is up
My mates Ed

Postby marky » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:32 pm

The only way is up, baby, for you and me now

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hate that song too :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby BHmfc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:41 pm

I know what you are saying HOWE MAGIC and in over 40 years of watching Morecambe i have never booed a player or left a game early, no matter how badly we are playing, but i have to make the point that this a supporters forum and if a player/players under perform and the team as a whole are awful, then supporters have a right to vent their feelings, good or bad. Where we are now in terms of playing league football, in a vastly improved Christie, in front of crowds we could only dream of several years ago, does sometimes need a reality check, so yes, get behind the team but if we play shxxe lets be honest with ourselves and allow people the chance to view thier points, without loads of abuse.
BHmfc

Postby sgt major » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:34 am

Rollercoaster - yes. Win nearly every week - yes, if you have a stash of money like MK Franchise and Fergies Reserves(Peterborough).

So, I suppose it's just going to be turn up and see which attitude our players turn up with and how they are motivated, thats what sometimes wins matches.
sgt major

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:04 am

Howe Magic .......... WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME to S.V.

At last, someone who speaks sense and is fully grateful for our situation and is not expecting, nay demanding, the world from our squad, managers, directors, coach drivers, programme editors, groundsmen etc etc etc.

How refreshing to read the thoughts of someone who is indeed in touch with reality.

Good on you H.M.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Wednesdayite » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 am

yep. keep the faith guys, you lost three important players in the close season and the new ones takes time to gel..it'll come good i'm sure of it
Exiled Yorkshireman
Wednesdayite

Postby Bryan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:18 pm

Went to Gravesend for that 6-0 hammering - still haven't got over it yet!

Something like four goals in ten minutes for them with Ryan Sugden missing at least three one on one's the other end for us. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Bryan

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Bryan wrote:Went to Gravesend for that 6-0 hammering - still haven't got over it yet!

Something like four goals in ten minutes for them with Ryan Sugden missing at least three one on one's the other end for us. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

i was asking stew drummond about thrashings and if hed been on the end of any bad results and forgotten stew played in that match bryan thought he was injured after barnet
im sure essendoh was playing for them that day and gave the boys a runaround and stew played in the leek thrashing too
a game which hodgie says he was last to leave the ground that night :o
well so he was sayingon the bus saturday :lol:
Shrimpsscene

Postby Posh » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Bryan wrote:Went to Gravesend for that 6-0 hammering - still haven't got over it yet!

There was one reason and one reason only for that defeat....

ASPERS

He came over from Oz and decided to take in a few games. We lost 3-1 at home to Barnet and then got dicked 6-0 at Gravesend. He left Gravesend at 6-0 and we actually started playing a lot better and didn't concede in the last 20 minutes.

In truth we were a lot better than the score suggests. Ryan Sugden, the striker who didn't score for a full calendar year, missed a couple of easy chances early on plus we had one cleared off the line. We went in 1-0 down (I think) but could have been 3-1 up. Second half every shot they had sailed past our keeper.

Our singing at 6-0 down was probably the funniest I've ever heard by Morecambe fans, possibly because there were only about 10 of us left.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:44 pm

have a pic of wayne at gravesend must dig that one out
anyone wanting a dvd of that match
http://www.hughesvideoservices.co.uk/No ... 3-2004.htm
im tempted............. :lol: :lol:
Shrimpsscene

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:30 am

I went to the Leek game that was a dark dark night. I left at 5v0 with about 2 or 3 mins to go and we still missed another 2 goals and a sending off.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby sgt major » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:36 am

I was at Blakenhall in the West Mids for that FA Trophy game.........AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHH

I left when we went two goals down to a bunch of part timers at least 5 or 6 leagues below us. Nice pies in the supporters bar though ;)
sgt major

Postby sgt major » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 am

P/T Indie wrote:I went to the Leek game that was a dark dark night. I left at 5v0 with about 2 or 3 mins to go and we still missed another 2 goals and a sending off.

That night I was watching Hayes getting beat by Yeovil, then sent a report to Jim Harvey. I received messages about the Leek game from Brian Campbell whilst talking to Yeovil fans :oops:

We played at Hayes on the Saturday and beat them :) Harvey adopting the flat back five formation :shock:
sgt major

Postby Christies Child » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:06 am

Reading posts like the above, should really bring it home to us all just how far we have come in the past decade.

From survival in the Conf to promotion to the Football League, has been a real roller coaster of emotions.

Long may that ride continue.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:52 am

Posh wrote:

There was one reason and one reason only for that defeat....

ASPERS

He came over from Oz and decided to take in a few games. We lost 3-1 at home to Barnet and then got dicked 6-0 at Gravesend. He left Gravesend at 6-0 and we actually started playing a lot better and didn't concede in the last 20 minutes.

In truth we were a lot better than the score suggests. Ryan Sugden, the striker who didn't score for a full calendar year, missed a couple of easy chances early on plus we had one cleared off the line. We went in 1-0 down (I think) but could have been 3-1 up. Second half every shot they had sailed past our keeper.

Our singing at 6-0 down was probably the funniest I've ever heard by Morecambe fans, possibly because there were only about 10 of us left.

"What's it like to be outclassed!"

"7-6, we're gonna win 7-6"

"Scored for ten minutes, you haven't scored for ten minutes!"

Great laugh.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion