Can You Hear The Morecambe Sing..?

Re: Can You Hear The Morecambe Sing..?

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:56 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:Can't make the game on Thursday but would be interested to know whether the Bay Radio stand is any better for acoustics and atmosphere than the MBW stand. If so should we looking at making this the home end next season.

We sussed it the other week when we heard the echo of the away fans coming off the Community Block wall. They also use the hoardings to whack as makeshift drums. Which brings me on to a point. We are at the back of Cell Block C and the hoarding there just under the exec boxes makes a hell of a noise (accidentally banged it one time when we scored a goal!) I am too chicken to use it for fear of getting chucked out. :lol:

Port Vale will bring a lot of fans and it may be a chance to get the atmosphere going again.

btw you will see Mrs Lion at the back of Cell Block C singing along with you lot in the MBW stand, but is often a loan voice in amongst the crunching of the peanuts.
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:20 pm

There were many, many occasions when the North Stand was as quiet as a chapel. The last season at Christie was the best season for atmosphere so perhaps we've got some selective memory at the moment? Twenty minutes in on Saturday the noise got up and it sounded excellent at the Bay Radio end, but it soon petered out. But the sound does carry once you get going.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 am

Caged Lion wrote:Port Vale will bring a lot of fans and it may be a chance to get the atmosphere going again.

btw you will see Mrs Lion at the back of Cell Block C singing along with you lot in the MBW stand, but is often a loan voice in amongst the crunching of the peanuts.

I am celebrating my birthday for the Port Vale game and am sponsoring the Match. I can promise you that Mrs. Lion won't be on her own in the noise department, in fact the prawn sandwiches won't know what's hit them! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:18 am

Caged Lion wrote:btw you will see Mrs Lion at the back of Cell Block C singing along with you lot in the MBW stand, but is often a loan voice in amongst the crunching of the peanuts.

So that's who it was joining in with the Dale Cavase. Good on her, looked like she was enjoying it. At least there's one shining light in Cell Block C.
broadwayshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 am

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Caged Lion wrote:btw you will see Mrs Lion at the back of Cell Block C singing along with you lot in the MBW stand, but is often a loan voice in amongst the crunching of the peanuts.

So that's who it was joining in with the Dale Cavase. Good on her, looked like she was enjoying it. At least there's one shining light in Cell Block C.

There were 3 of us as well. We did about 5 minutes until somebody moaned it was like being on a boat with the seats moving about :(
marky No.1

Postby TheOrdinaryShrimp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:30 am

"To say that you can't talk about the night before or anything else but football? Are you kidding?"

I'm not saying it about your group in the middle, where i was stood there was no atmosphere. There was plenty of times when me and my friends and few folk behind us were singing but noone else in that area didnt join in. I know chanting isn't everyones cup of tea but least clap your hands or something surely.
TheOrdinaryShrimp

Postby Posh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:12 pm

morecambe mick wrote:We need a big red heart painted on the steps behind that goal at the top. The rule should be if you stand in there you gotta sing :!:
I don't think the club would do it, it needs to be sorted by a supporters group..... :|
Whilst there with the red paint they could do the barriers too ;)

Great shout. It's pretty obvious that ordinary fans, particularly in the MBW stand, feel, to different levels, disenfranchised, have lots of moans and want to see improvements. Maybe it's time supporters started to take matters into their own hands and form a properly functioning Shrimps Supporters Group so we can start to play a more active role in pushing forward great ideas and get a focal point to get action from the club where we think it's needed or where we can help.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby This Charming Shrimp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:42 pm

I concur.
This Charming Shrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I am celebrating my birthday for the Port Vale game and am sponsoring the Match. I can promise you that Mrs. Lion won't be on her own in the noise department, in fact the prawn sandwiches won't know what's hit them! :lol:

She will like that.

broadwayshrimp wrote:

That would be her. Had to laugh at Bradford when the drum issue was taking shape, she wanted to grab the drum and reckoned that the stewards would only take the drum away along with her dead body! :lol:

Top drawer Morecambe fan.
Caged Lion

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Caged Lion wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:I am celebrating my birthday for the Port Vale game and am sponsoring the Match. I can promise you that Mrs. Lion won't be on her own in the noise department, in fact the prawn sandwiches won't know what's hit them! :lol:

She will like that.

I have bought a drum :o so be prepared for some noise coming from the heights of the PMG Stand. I'll wake the buggers up :lol:

If they let me in with it of course :?
marky No.1

Postby TheOrdinaryShrimp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:45 pm

I also agree, if you look at teams like Oxford or even Barrow they have a set of great supporters with chants, colours and flags. I know these fans for the following teams call themselves "ultras" but i think everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with the whole ultra thing, quite upsetting becasue you dont have to become a ultra just to get behind your club and chant.

I really do like the idea of having a red shaped heart behind the goal aswell.
TheOrdinaryShrimp

Postby Sammy h » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm

TheOrdinaryShrimp wrote:"To say that you can't talk about the night before or anything else but football? Are you kidding?"

I'm not saying it about your group in the middle, where i was stood there was no atmosphere. There was plenty of times when me and my friends and few folk behind us were singing but noone else in that area didnt join in. I know chanting isn't everyones cup of tea but least clap your hands or something surely.

Ok no problem. Just for the record, we all talk about what has happened during the week etc, for some of us it is the only time we see eachother so it is bound to happen.

Not everyone has to sing, it does annoy me when people come on here and moan about the atmosphere though.
Sammy h

Postby parceldave » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 pm

I am celebrating my birthday for the Port Vale game and am sponsoring the Match.

Mary asked me the other day if she could hire my van to move some things to the Globe for your party, i said " Oh you mean the cake, balloons , streamers etc and some of the guests " she replied " No just the candles" . :lol: :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:02 pm

It's a great idea to form a supporters group that way people can meet up before the game for a drink and even maybe have travel organised for a few fixtures per season.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Not funny Dave. You can have first round tomorrow

In the ring! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Is it Mud or Jelly , :?:

Who am i up against :?: ;)
parceldave

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:20 pm

parceldave wrote:Is it Mud or Jelly , :?:

Who am i up against :?: ;)

Mike Tyson...wear your ear muffs :P
Caged Lion

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:35 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:It's a great idea to form a supporters group that way people can meet up before the game for a drink and even maybe have travel organised for a few fixtures per season.

As you say this is certainly a good scheme. Thing is that not many are prepared to take responsibility and the person that takes charge usually ends up chasing around after everyone. This often happens with travel where people say they are up for it and then at the last minute drop out - it must be so frustrating for the organisers. If someone is prepared to take on the role of "leader" then they should let themselves be known - providing they can use or delegate the use of a paintbrush!
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion