Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0

Re: Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:28 am

according to Sammy Matty Blinkhorn is going in for a minor operation on Tuesday.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:45 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:according to Sammy Matty Blinkhorn is going in for a minor operation on Tuesday.

What? to have a 'Paul Mullin' type mentality installed :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby shrimper » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:15 am

Okay, now you've had so much fun guessing, I'll tell you. As Barry tends to aim his goal-kicks to the left flank, Wayne didn't fancy going for too many headers so soon after having stitches.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:16 am

shrimper wrote:Okay, now you've had so much fun guessing, I'll tell you. As Barry tends to aim his goal-kicks to the left flank, Wayne didn't fancy going for too many headers so soon after having stitches.

Wuss! :lol:
Mark S

Postby ezz » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:46 am

Mark S wrote:
shrimper wrote:Okay, now you've had so much fun guessing, I'll tell you. As Barry tends to aim his goal-kicks to the left flank, Wayne didn't fancy going for too many headers so soon after having stitches.

Wuss! :lol:

:lol: poor wayne
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sharpy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:05 pm

ever so sorry to crash the party, but artell and bently were woefull!! gaping gaps most of the game! jim's passes were once again hoof balls, artell's "passes" were all cr##. numerous times artell was left standing without a clue as to what was goin on around him, bently seemed content to let strikers in on goal while he shouted at roache to do something. Wainright was completely ineffective, scared to run with the ball and happy to pass to players who were surrounded. O'carroll seemed quite happy to get in howe's way all game and didnt seem to show any flair atall!

any a positive note, drummond, hunter and stanners were brilliant, howe was immense and blinks looked good when he came on.

still major improvement needed in defence, but parrish looked good. bring back yates though, he ran ar defenders and gave them grief, something that was lacking yesterday!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby sandgrown » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:43 pm

the confidence after the Oldham win was clear to see, but the central midfield of Drummond (outstanding), Hunter/Stanley, was the key since they were introduced by Sammy against D/R. plus the high work rate again of Wainright and Curtis.
Parish and McCann had better games, Howe and O'Carroll were assulted every time they got the ball with no protection from the ref. at all.
the only worry for me was Artell's lack of pace when turned.
but all in all a great team performance with a battleing spirit to win.
sandgrown

Postby ezz » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Sharpy wrote:ever so sorry to crash the party, but artell and bently were woefull!! gaping gaps most of the game! jim's passes were once again hoof balls, artell's "passes" were all cr##. numerous times artell was left standing without a clue as to what was goin on around him, bently seemed content to let strikers in on goal while he shouted at roache to do something. Wainright was completely ineffective, scared to run with the ball and happy to pass to players who were surrounded. O'carroll seemed quite happy to get in howe's way all game and didnt seem to show any flair atall!

any a positive note, drummond, hunter and stanners were brilliant, howe was immense and blinks looked good when he came on.

still major improvement needed in defence, but parrish looked good. bring back yates though, he ran ar defenders and gave them grief, something that was lacking yesterday!

Yet they never scored so arts and bentley did something right, nice to see you pointed the good things out as well
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Dazzer » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Sharpy wrote:ever so sorry to crash the party, but artell and bently were woefull!! gaping gaps most of the game! jim's passes were once again hoof balls, artell's "passes" were all cr##.

I thought the pair had a good game myself, they stopped what must be the emost expensive striker in the Division getting a sniff of goal anyway. Passing has never been either of their strong points, but a center back who can knock accurate 40 yard passes is a rarety, to me first and foremost they are there to defend, anything else in a bonus.

As many have said I thought Drummy deserved his MoM, delighted to see him there pulling the strings and controlling large parts of the game in the way he used to, first time round with us.

Howe and Curtis also superb, but nobody let us down, a good all round team performance against a side that will be there or there abouts come the end.
Dazzer

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Sharpy wrote:ever so sorry to crash the party, but artell and bently were woefull!! gaping gaps most of the game! jim's passes were once again hoof balls, artell's "passes" were all cr##. numerous times artell was left standing without a clue as to what was goin on around him, bently seemed content to let strikers in on goal while he shouted at roache to do something. Wainright was completely ineffective, scared to run with the ball and happy to pass to players who were surrounded. O'carroll seemed quite happy to get in howe's way all game and didnt seem to show any flair atall!

...I suppose there has to be at least one unhappy voice amongst the crowd.

It wouldn't be SV's without somebody having a moan..... ;) ;) ;)

At least it makes a change from ** :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 pm

if we won 5-0 we would have someone on here complaining about something
heysham_mfc

Postby stoyles » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:29 pm

It was a result got from pure hard work which stopped shrewsbury from playing, but still room for a lot of improvement.
stoyles

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Are you taking the piss? I've never read so much utter garbage in all my life.
Bare Ben

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:46 am

Sorry to let facts get in the way of a good rant but, so far this season, our back two have played against some of the best strike partnerships in the division (Bishop/Morrell, Strevens/Benson, Hibbert/Holt) as well as good front men from Rotherham and Wycombe.
NONE of them has scored against us.
Goals have come from various other routes, including free-kicks and other goals by midfielders, cracking shots by full-backs, a corner - from a defender who was being marked by one of our midfielders.
The strikers, being marked by Bents and Arts, have hardly had a sniff in any dangerous areas.
The only 'distribution' which, if you were being very,very (unfairly) critical, you could describe as 'poor' on Saturday were clearances that were put into the car wash or over the stand instead of taking the risk of trying something more fancy.
With a player like Howe up front and with Shrewsbury having a decent midfield, it may well have been an instruction that, if under pressure, the centre-backs should try to find him, let him hold it up and then midfield to get up in support.
There were other occasions when Arts, in particular, picked up the ball when not under pressure and he slid it forward to Drummy to build an attack.
It's all about opinions but I don't see how you can criticise two men who have, effectively, blocked the opposition's star men completely out of the game and then, in the next breath, say Stanners was 'brilliant' when he had about two touches. (Don't get me wrong, he looked sharp and keen to make up for lost time and I hope we see that soon, but he wasn't on long enough to have any great impact - certainly not long enough to be described as 'brilliant').

Each to their own, I suppose.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:31 pm

Apparently Shrewsbury's final goal v Gillingham last Saturday came from an indirect free kick.
Yet another case of a crap referreing decison ruining a finely balanced contest :o
Plain Peter

Previous

Return to General Discussion